Tuesday 19 January 2016

Jurlique's Iconic Collection

Jurlique Purify Gift set

Jurlique Purify Gift set

You guys know me and my Jurlique, and the fact that I'm obsessed with their natural, amazing smelling goodness; well this collection is no exception. A trio of wonderfully scented products that have all the natural goodness that you skin needs... and let me tell you, my skin loooooves these. I've spoken about a few of their products before but will add a few more little tips and tricks for application, and getting the best out of them and their natural properties. The Jurlique Iconic Collection * is a set of three core products, aimed at tackling three key areas; hydration, fine lines and restoring glow to the skin. All three products do this, and I use them, almost daily to maintain a healthy look, that is quite difficult to keep up if I don't look after myself, and use products that help to  make me look my best.

If I'm feeling terrible, my skin will reflect that in the sense that it looses its glow, and I no longer look fresh faced, I just look tired and worn down; basically, what I feel inside, is reflected through my skin, making it look dull and drab. Yes, makeup can cover it, but to really project that 'feeling good' look, I need to look after myself and my skin. Currently, I feel terrible. Run-down, generally exhausted and in so much pain because of my period, but I'm still looking after myself. Tea, a hot water bottle... and re-running shows on Netflix with this Jurlique serum smothered all over my face are the answers to what I'm feeling right now, and a cheeky trip out for food later with two amazing people. Gotta keep my spirits up, and make myself happy, but now... back to these goodies.

Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum * is something I fully reviewed here last year, and as my skin has evolved, so has my skincare routine. This serum is still something I use in the mornings, under my moisturiser, to look after my skin throughout the day, as the days are getting so cold, so I think that my face needs all the help it can get. Something that I have discovered after reading a few articles, is that serums seep into the skin a lot better if the product is pressed gentle into the skin, as opposed to being rubbed in, so whenever I use this now, I press it into the skin with my fingertips, making sure it's partially absorbed before doing the same with my moisturiser. Not only does pressing products into the skin encourage better absorption, but it keeps any excess redness from appearing on the skin... something I do suffer from, so a more even base is a brilliant way to start my day.

Another one of my favourite products, perhaps even of everything I've tried in my most recent years, is Jurlique's Rosewater Balancing Mist *, a facial spritz that calm redness in the skin, and hydrates throughout the day. It's perfect as a boost when I'm writing blog posts, or when I've been rushing about in work, leaving my makeup shiny in places and dehydrated in others. This helps to restore the balance, before I dust a little powder over the top, to combat shine. I've found that misting this over skin, right after a clay facemask helps to soothe delicate facial skin and help to reduce redness, as well as repair any blemishes that may have been brought to the surface by the clay. Whether on my dressing table, desk or in my handbag, this is a product that I will happily recommend to anyone. As not only is the scent uplifting, but the spray is cooling, refreshing and nourishing, and the bottle helps the product to stay cool, no matter where I keep it in my house. I reviewed it last year fully, if you'd like a read.

Lastly, a tube that I always keep in my handbag for on the go applications, is Jurlique's Rose Hand Cream *, a deeply nourishing rose scented cream that helps to repair damaged skin, and help to protect dry skin from cracking, or worsening due to dry weather, or excess damage. I'm almost always on the go, so my hands and nails do suffer from dryness and chemicals, and then at home, it's from washing dishes and cooking... hands take a battering, so with the hashtag #jurliquehands the brand are reminding us to look after our tools, as after all, they are so important with what we do in everyday life. At night, I apply a generous layer before leaving it to sink in, repairing and moisturising all the damage away. They say that your age can always be told by your neck and your hands, so with this trio of natural goodness, you can bet that you'll be keeping everyone guessing. My little tip is to never forget the back or your hands, as well as your wrists and palms... make sure your entire hands are moisturised, believe me, they'll thank you for it in the future.

You can still purchase Jurlique's Iconic Collection on their website, here. A collection well worth it. 

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Serum

Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist

Jurlique Rose Hand Cream
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig