Friday 15 January 2016

Ren Moroccan Rose Otto Sugar Polish, Body Wash and Body Oil.

REN Moroccan Rose set

REN Moroccan Rose set

This was one of the Boxing Day sale buys that I was the most excited about. I am a huge huge huge Ren fan, and when I saw this set on Space.NK, I couldn't resist. If you read my blog quite often, then you'll know that I have this obsession with rose; anything rose scented, actual roses... Cadbury's Roses... haha, just all of them. The set is still available to order on sale on LookFantastic for less than £33, which I think is fantastic value for three products that leave me supple, soft and smelling divinely of rose. I actually need a good scrub and moisturising session right now (gotta sort out my greasy hair and dry skin, what a mix, I know). So you can bet that as I'm writing this, I'm dreaming about a hot shower, a good scrub and that feeling when you're all clean, ready for moisturising, and then ready for dinner out with friends later. That's me, and I cannot wait to start feeling like that.

I hadn't used a Rose scented scrub before but you'd assume that I was excited... and you'd be right. A subtle wash of scent, with a finely milled sugar scrub, making it gentle on the skin, and not incredibly harsh so that it damages the skin or enflames eczema (believe me, some scrubs do that). Combined with Almond and Olive oils, this makes it not only moisturising, but a lot less abrasive than scrubs that only have coconut or certain oils in them. It directs you to apply to dry skin, but I apply to damp skin, and it seems to do the trick just as well. I've tried a dry scrub, and that allows for a deeper, more intense scrub, but for a gentle one, damp skin will do. Not only does this, combined with the Body Wash, leave you well scented and divinely soft, but it also gives you a wonderful glow; one of those, 'my blood is circulating really well, and I'm glowing' kinda looks. Like the wide awake and healthy glows that I try to fake with makeup when it's Winter, and I'm full of cold. You can just assume that I'll be wafting around, smelling like rose whenever I use this Moroccan Rose Otto Sugar Body Polish

REN Moroccan Rose Body scrub

REN Moroccan Rose Body Oil

I think the Moroccan Rose Otto Body Oil was the product that I was most excited about. I love a good oil, whether on my face, hair or body, and anything rose scented was going to be just up my street. It's one of those oils that's so incredibly silky, and just sinks into skin, when the weather is cold, and it's left my skin feeling dry and horrible. With Argan Oil and SeaBuckthorn Oil for restoring suppleness to skin, and Cranberry Seed oil to protect the skin from oxidative damage, as well as premature ageing, this oil has some outstanding benefits to the skin, plus, the packaging is sleek and looks so impressive when sat on my dressing table, next to my body oils. Ren have really shown that they're masters of skincare with an oil like this, as it's combatting my dry flaky patches, especially my eczema which is flaring up something terrible at the moment. I hate eczema at the best of times, but during the Winter, you scratch it accidentally (or on purpose) and you skin comes off like you've cheese grated it (major ew). Back to my original point!: this stuff really helps. Dry skin? Look for an oil, and even give this one a go if Rose scented goodness is your kinda thing. 

The Moroccan Oil Rose Body Wash is silky, heavenly goodness that envelops you with a delicate scent that isn't at all artificial, and it makes you think, whilst you're lathering yourself up, about how many roses and essentials oils are in these products. But there's only one oil. Rose Otto oil, one of the 'most expensive and revered essential oils', and considering that it's won numerous awards, one of the most prevalent being InStyle's Best Body Wash... for not only one or two, but for thirteen years in a row. Thirteen years? For a skincare product, let alone a Body Wash to win that kind of accolade, considering the amount of new products that are released yearly. But back to the body wash. It's scented in a very subtle way, so it doesn't overwhelm you when you're showering, or even putting clothes on afterwards. The scent of rose never overwhelms me, as I love everything about it, which is why I think a soft, gentle scent is perfect for those just dipping their toes into the floral scented world, and this is a fantastic place to start. Although, if you want to amp it up, add the Rose Body Oil afterwards... that'll have you wrapped in a wonderfully warm Rose blanket, and it will cling to your skin, so that you can smell it for hours and hours afterwards. 

What Ren goodies have you guys bought recently? Any that I should be on the lookout for? Is Rose your thing? 

REN Moroccan Rose Body Wash


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig