Wednesday 13 January 2016

Bumble and Bumble's Hairdressing foursome.

Bumble and Bumble Hair Set

Bumble and Bumble All Style Blow Dry

Bumble and Bumble are a brand that I wasn't really familiar with. Yes, I had the Surf Spray, but didn't everyone? It gave me beachy, wavy locks when I was in the middle of a city: It made me long for lazy holidays with the sand between my toes and a cocktail in my hand. No matter what time of year, beachy hair is something everyone can get on board with, and that was the mind frame I went into with these four products. I was really excited, as even though I'm more minimalist when it comes to my hair, I still love a good product that can sort out some hair concerns of mine i.e. frizziness and excess oil, and I'm actually surprised that two out of these four actually combatted it. I didn't really expect any of them to, so it was a wonderful realisation. 

For frizz, I wanted to combat it right at the source, which is when my hair dries, whether naturally or with a hairdryer. Bumble and Bumble's All-Style Blow Dry (£23 for 150ml, here) is a cream that not only combats frizz (yay), but protects hair from heat damage, styling damage, and also fights against excessive oil production with the powders in its formula. I love this. I use an amount, smaller than a pea, and rub my hands together, before running it through my hair evenly. It then says to blow dry in sections, but I have no time for that, so I just blow dry it the way that I always do, unless I'm going somewhere and want amazingly sleek hair. It doesn't feel sticky or overtly oily, it just feels like a cream that doesn't weigh your hair down. It's a complete winner from me, and I've even converted my mum into using it. Next stop, it's my friends and all those lovely people that I work with. They've gotta know about this heavenly hair product.

Now, if anyone else's hair gets oily and uncontrollable after the 2nd day of washing, and just needs a little pick-me-up, then Pret-a-Powder (£7.50 for 14ml, here) is for you. Dry shampoo, style extender and volumiser... all of those things in a bottle that is so easy to just throw in your handbag and use on the go. I think Bumble and Bumble really did amazing work with this little bottle. The 14g bottle is enough for applications on the go and brilliant to keep with you for day to night, just for a top-up of volume, or to soak up oil (because if you're anything like me, morning hair can be fab, but evening hair is just drab). This sits in a little makeup bag that I take with me to work/out just incase my hair needs a bit of help. You can bet that the full size version of this is going to make it into my stash soon. Really soon.


Bumble and Bumble Styling Spray Hairdresser Invisible Oil

Bumble and Bumble's Styling Spray (£11 for 125ml, here) is basically hairspray, but so much nicer. It's a spray that you apply in sections before you hair is completely dry, much like a top-up for the Blow Dry Cream above, and then you finish blow drying in sections, styling however you wish. It's kinda like Paul Mitchell's Hot off the Press Styling Spray, but I find this not as heavy or sticky, which is a big thing when you have fine hair, regardless of length. If I'm going to curl my hair, or straighten it, then I'll apply this, just for extra heat protection, before styling my hair how I want. My hair is still bouncy and feels like hair: no stiffness or crunchy hair here! I also use is as a hairspray, just to make sure everything is held to perfection. Apparently it's a backstage favourite as fashion shows, so you know that you're in good hands. 

Last, but not least, is Bumble and Bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil (£20.50 for 250ml, here), a protective primer that you apply to dry or damp hair, before styling however you want. There's basically a trio of heat protection products in this set, I can't quite remember what it was called, because I threw the packaging away (rookie blogger mistake, I know) but I just know that I got it from boots, and it was £37, but was worth far more than that. But back to the oil. I can see it being one of those amazing holiday hair products, the kinda ones that you keep in your beach bag to apply after you've been in the sea, as it has not only heat protection but also UV protection, which is so so important for hair and skin. I think there's also something about the many oils in it that help protect the hair, and of course, it helps to battle frizz. Frizz, the bane of my life. 

So, frizz and excess oil are really being combatted by these products, and hey, two products that fight fizz, two that simultaneously help control oil production and one that just does it's best to hold everything together, whilst looking so stylish. What isn't there to love about these Bumble and Bumble hairdressing products? 








Bumble and Bumble Hair Set
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig