Tuesday 5 January 2016

Aromatherapy Associates Bath & Shower Oil Collection

Aromatherapy Associates Bath Oils 1

I've become almost obsessed with bath oils recently. Body oils and face oils are already staples in my skincare routines, but since I first bought a bath oil from Neom Organics, I've been hooked on how they leave me skin feeling supple and hydrated; especially when at this time of year, my skin is usually flakey and dry from eczema, which the cold weather exacerbates. There's something so hassle free, yet luxurious about a bath oil - makes moisturising a lot easier, as the oil seeps into your skin once you've patted you skin dry, and leaves you feeling super soft and hydrated. Gotta love it. My current go-to oils are from Aromatherapy Associates, and it's their Miniature Bath and Shower Collection, a set of nine oils that are perfect for whatever mood you find yourself in, and are especially helpful when you need to relax, or de-stress your mind or muscles. 

January is always a month of unwinding for me, especially after the manic month that is December, so I see no harm in having a lot of relaxing baths, especially to unwind the tension in my muscles, as the build up to Christmas in retail is one of the most stressful things I've ever experienced, shortly following by Boxing Day sales etc. So with the coldness outside, and all of the current rain, I don't mind staying inside and pampering myself - as my skin often reflects the stress and the amount of hours that I work. Gotta look after myself, and catchup on numerous face masks and beauty routines (i.e. caring for my eyebrows, waxing my moustache off etc) as well as paying a lot of attention to my hands and feet (they do take the most battering in a busy retail environment). Bath oils are a brilliant way of adding luxury back into my routine, whilst unwinding and soaking the hard day away. So, let's get to it!

Relax Deep, Relax Light, De-stress Mind, De-stress Muscle, Revive Morning, Revive Evening, Support Breathe, Support Lavender & Peppermint and Support Equilibrium. These are the nine oils that can be used for the bath and shower, and unlike some sets where you just stick to one or two oils, I find myself mixing and matching; a few drops of one, combined with a few drops of another makes a comforting, calming cocktail. I love De-stess Muscle and Revive Evening, and even with a few drops of Support Equilibrium added in, as for me, these oils are all about tailoring the experience to what you need.

For a relaxing bath after a long day, with aching feet, my go-to choice would be: Support Lavender & Peppermint and De-stress Muscle, and maybe, a few droplets of Relax Deep, if I want to ready myself for a night of peaceful sleep. Aromatherapy Associates have provided such a wondrous array of scents and combinations that I think it's impossible not to find one that suits you down to a tee, no matter what mood you find yourself in.

For a quick, energising soak, ready to prepare you for the day ahead, I would use a few droplets of Relax Light, Revive Morning and Support Breathe, as not only is my skin supple, but I find that I just glow a little bit more with these oils on my skin. Plus, the scents are divine, and I can always count on them for someone to mention that I smell really nice. What combinations do you find yourselves reaching for? 

Aromatherapy Associates Bath Oils 2

Aromatherapy Associates Bath Oils 3
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try Aromatherapy Associates! These bath oils sound divine, and I'm loving your photography in this post!

    Sophie xx
    http://www.cosybean.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are always SO amazing! And these products sounds lovely. Perfect for a pamper night! xo

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig