Thursday 21 January 2016

Pixi Beauty Correction Concentrate

Pixi Beauty Correcting Concentrate

Pixi Beauty Correcting Concentrate

You know me and my skincare woes. Dark circles, blemishes and redness. Those are the main things that take up most of my attention, so when I find a product that helps to combat one of those main three, you can be that I'm going to tell you all about it. This is Pixi Beauty's Correcting Concentrate in Brightening Peach, a shade that aims to neutralise dark purple shadows under the eyes, and brighten, to give a more awake and 'yes, i've slept and i'm very well rested' look. I really is a wonderful product, but at first I was real thrown by how orange it appears in the pot. I'm really, really pale... and I've learnt from years of walking around with tide marks from foundation that was too dark for me, that orange and I don't really mix, but when I applied this under my eyes, I was very surprised. It's creamy and blendable, but not too creamy so it creases under the eyes very quickly. It's a creamy, but dry formula, and I pat it onto my under eyes before blending it out, by patting it with my ring finger (this finger applies the least amount of pressure, and therefore bounces easier, causing less wear around the eyes). I then apply some trusty concealer on top, and it's like I've slept for a good eight hours, and awoken refreshed. 

When I did my research, I read that it could be compared to Tarte's Correction Concealer, but since there's no way to get Tarte over here unless I make a massive Sephora order, I decided to give this pot a chance. The packaging, I've learnt from over the years, is very Pixi. A soft green lid, with a sweeter than sweet fairy adorning it, and a glass pot that keeps the product air-tight and ready for you to conceal those pesky dark circles away. I'm not saying that it covered them completely... I've never had a product that's done that, so it wasn't expected, but it has made a considerable improvement. My under eyes look brighter and less like I've gone a week without sleeping, which is never a good look, trust me. At £14 for 30g, I would say that this is definitely a go-to product for me, one which never really leaves my makeup bag. I've had it for quite some time, and I've barely made a decent sized dent in it, so I know that the value for money is still there, and will be until I hit the bottom of the glass pot. I'll simply order another one when it's soon to run out, because now, I don't see myself being without this corrector.... especially when I use my Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer on top of it; two products that were made for each other. 

Pixi Beauty Correcting Concentrate swatch
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. oh i really like the slight pinky tint of it. i haven't tried any pixi products before but i might have to.



    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good! It looks and sounds like the benefit erase paste and I love that product. :) x

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such a big problem with redness so maybe I should give it a try!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig