Friday 8 January 2016

Makeup Geek Individual Eyeshadows

Z Palette and Makeup Geek Cosmetics

Z Palette and Makeup Geek Cosmetics

I know, I know; They're beautiful, right? I had to resign myself to three shadows, as otherwise I'd get loads, and then I'd be penniless, but I'd have fabulous eyeshadow... so who would be the real winner there? Hmmm. Maybe that's a question to ask myself next time. Anyway, the three that caught my eye whilst I was browsing on Beauty Bay, were Vanilla Bean, Bedrock and Barcelona Beach. I thought that for my first order, I wanted a trio that could create a taupe/brown smokey eye, whether subtle or dramatic, as easily as possible. It's simple; Vanilla Bean all over the lid, especially in the inner corner of the eye, then Bedrock in the crease to add definition to the eye, as well as along the lash-line, and then blended on-top is Barcelona Beach, to add a sandy brown/bronze smokiness to the eyelids. This is the kinda look that suits so many different eye colours, as taupe, I always think, is universally flattering, and when throwing in a little soft bronze, it's going to warm everything up. For me, my eyes tend to look more green/blue when I wear this look (and now that I'm writing about it, I definitely want to wear this look tomorrow). 

In more detail, MakeupGeek's Vanilla Bean is a perfect base colour. An off-white, cream that is perfect to brighten up the inner corner of the eye, as well as highlight under the brow bone, as it has a shot of shimmer running through it. Bedrock is actually, one of the best taupe eyeshadows I think I've ever used. It blends like a dream, and doesn't have a dirtiness to it, that I find some taupes have, it's just the perfect shade for wear all over the lid, and especially when blended into the crease, as it gives amazing definition. Barcelona Beach is the colour I ummmed and ahhhed about the most. I looked up swatches, but there was still something questionable about it. After looking up basically every other colour, I went back to Barcelona Beach, and I'm really glad that I did. It's a gorgeous matte light/medium sand shade (sand, hence the name Barcelona Beach) with something almost bronze about it, that I love so much. It makes it a colour that you can layer up with numerous others. 

I store my three shadows in a Z Palette (the largest one.. obviously I need to fill it to the brim with goodies) and so far, I think it's a fantastic way to carry around eyeshadows. All in one place. And I may actually start depotting some well loved eyeshadows into the palette, as it's going to be so much easier to carry around one large palette, than four or five small ones; just think for travelling/holiday purposes and the luggage limits placed on planes etc. You can find MakeupGeek on Beauty Bay for £4.95 for a single shadow, and I've got my eye on a few more (dozen) shades like Latte, Country Girl, Prom Night, Homecoming, Bitten and Cocoa Bear. Have you got any MakeupGeek shadows that you're raving about? Let me know! 


Z Palette and Makeup Geek Cosmetics

Z Palette and Makeup Geek Cosmetics Swatches


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I ended up ordering 8 last week and I absolutely love them! I love the look of Vanilla bean.
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look incredible. Ive heard nothing but great things from this brand. I think I need to order a couple. I love your photos.
    Great post.
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so eager to try Makeup Geek. Thanks, Jaclyn Hill!

    I have a list of a few shades I'd like to try but I can't narrow it down to which to try first, and I definitely also need a Z palette for storage!

    These three looks gorgeous to pair together, especially for daytime wear. I love the look of Barcelona Beach! That'll be added to my list, thank you!

    Shanelle || SLovesAutumn

    x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig