Thursday 21 April 2016

La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur

La Roche Posay Effaclar Blur 2

The first thing that I noticed when I applied this, was that I felt like my eyes had gone funny. Like my eyes weren't focusing. Was I overtired? Couldn't focus? Nope, this product just blurred my skin, so the redness and blemishes that I was focused on, were simply buffed over, and my eyes hadn't seen anything like it before. The best way to describe the formula is a mousse. It's like one of those lovely light formulas that's super soft, and buffs into the skin like a dream. So my first impression was really good, despite the fact that I was questioning as to whether my cleansing oil was messing with my eyesight - haha, it's one of those amusing things that I'll think of whenever I use this product again. 

One thing I will say, that even though I have the shade 'Fair/Light' - this does look very dark when applied to the back of my hand, before I blend it onto my face. So much so I wasn't holding a lot of hope for it, but when blended, I was very pleasantly surprised. A dark, almost orange shade blended out and adapted to my skintone, covering blemishes, disguising darkness, redness and reducing the look of the enlarged pores on my nose. Win, right? The formula reminds me of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, as you know, it's a mousse. It's super soft, super blendable and easy to build up coverage without it looking too heavy or cakey. Because doesn't apply very wet, it doesn't need to really dry on the skin, so it just blends in, leaving an even medium finish that's super easy to create. I can apply this, then apply concealer and I'd be done with my base products without a great deal of hassle or effort. It's perfect for a lazy-day look, or when you're in a rush. This is a great early morning look, where you want to get as much sleep as possible before getting out of bed and attempt to look presentable for the world. 

For someone with oily/combination skin, the oil absorbing properties from this is exactly what I need in products - as there's no midday shine, or end of day oil slick - nope, just a matte, healthy looking face without the need to reach for blotting papers or mattifying powders. This is suitable for even the most sensitive of skin, making this La Roche-Posay offering true to their skincare motto - kind to skin, but effective in what it wants to achieve. Effaclar BB Blur* sounds like a gimmick: a mattifying, oil controlling mousse that can blur imperfections away, keep you looking good all day, and even protect the skin with an SPF of 20. Is it too good to be true? Yes, in theory. But La Roche-Posay are known for delivering on amazing products - their skincare are some of my favourites (as I'm sure you've seen) and this Effaclar BB Blur is definitely one that I'm very excited about for Summer. Ahhhh Summer, where ice cream is melting down my hand, and my makeup generally melts off my face - so I'm holding high hopes for this when the sun and the heat arrive in Britain. Come on, La Roche-Posay, don't let me down! You have yet to! So with a formula that lasts all day, let's hope that it can do the same in the Summertime! This Effaclar BB Blur retails for £16.50 on Escentual, but is currently £11.


Are you following Ohkalukalay on Bloglovin?

La Roche Posay Effaclar Blur 3

La Roche Posay Effaclar Blur 4
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Sounds like something I need to try! I love LRP products and I've definitely been having blemish issues lately!

    Also these photos are stunning!

    xo

    http://www.milkpop.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently picked this up and im surprised at how much coverage it gives! I will be using it alot in the Summer months.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brilliant. How amazing that it actually blurred your skin. I'm intrigued to try it, although i'm not sure how my dehydrated skin would cope with it. But at £11 i think i will xx

    LPage Beauty 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard lots of good things about this, but I'm terrified of how dark it looks! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds amazing :D How is it with dry patches? Does it show them up?

    Georgina
    www.makeup-pixi3.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig