Thursday 7 April 2016

March Favourites 2016

March Favourites 4

Hello my lovelies, sorry to have neglected you for the past few days or so, I've been so busy, and then had a really horrid migraine... basically, nothing creative was being done. But now, i'm back! And what better way is there to kick things off with March Favourites, even though it's April... but who's counting, right? It's always makeup and skincare time on this blog, so let's spread some loooove, and i'm going to start with a very recent favourite, Estée Lauder's Double Wear Brush on Glow BB which is a basically like YSL's Touche Eclat, as it has similar golden packaging but with a twist applicator, instead of one that it clickable. It's a light, glowy concealer/highlighter that is perfect for adding radiance to any look, as well as opening up the eye area and making it look brighter. Looking more awake than I am is a constant struggle for me, so faking it is generally the only option... as I tell you, these hereditary dark circles are going no where! Plus I love for quick, creamy highlighting whether on the go on just for a really natural glow. Another glow centric product is from Hourglass and it's the Blush in Dim Infusion, and just look how pretty it is! Baked blushes are always so beautiful, especially this one as it has streaks of Ambient Lighting Powder running through it, making it so illuminating whilst still packing some serious pigmentation. 

To make one of the perfect long lasting red lips, I always turn to this amazing Sephora Liquid Lipstick, which goes from a cream to a soft, crisp matte shade and it's just so perfect. The applicator makes for very precise lines, although I do like to use a lip liner under it, because sometimes I cave under the pressure of a perfect red lip, and my lines go all squiggly. The best, and worst thing about this, is that it's so so pigmented, so it makes it really difficult to remove any mistakes. But, if you're having a mistake free day, guuuuurl you gonna look fiiiiine. This can easily last through meals and can be worn for about five to six hours, before minimal maintenance is needed. All in all, one of the longest lasting and most wonderful lipsticks ever. Sephora, I don't know how you do it. 

Moving onto skincare, and it's another relatively new product for me- this Toleriane Ultra Fluid for face and eyes from La Roche-Posay, which is something that I purchased because I wanted as many soothing products as possible for my skin, as it's being really odd at the moment. I love the fact that it can be used on the eyes, as well as the rest of the face, making it so gentle and soft on the skin. I don't want to give away too much before my review is posted, but I'm just gonna say that I really like it. Obviously, because why else would they be featured in this lovefest of a post? And now two little products that should really get more attention, and they're from Library of Fragrance and Sally Hansen, a perfume with the scent of Fresh Coconut, and a bright mint green shade named Jaded. These are two of my favourite brands, with long lasting formulas; the perfume is perfect for layering to create a cocktail of scents, especially with Pineapple or Fresh Rain, which makes everything smell so fragrantly like a holiday. I need a holiday, but I feel less needy when I'm wearing this scent. It's so wonderful. Another product that makes me want to go on holiday, but also stems my cravings, is this light green shade, and the formula is one of my favourites of all time. It beats Essie and pretty much everything else that I've tried. On me, this has the most minimal chipping and the range of shades are so vast that I take ages just standing, aghast, at all the options in my local Boots. Keep your eyes out for a Sally Hansen centric post coming soon on the blog. 

March Favourites 6
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the Hourglass Ambient Lighting range! I might just have to try the Toleriane Ultra Fluid too; I've had really sore, red, blotchy patches around my nose lately :(

    xo

    http://www.milkpop.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Fresh Coconut sounds such a dreamy scent. Need to get my sniff on in Boots this weekend! x

    Katie | cocopetite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig