Friday 22 April 2016

Lancome Juicy Shakers in Vanilla Pop and Great-Fruit

Lancome Juicy Shaker Lip Gloss

Lancome Juicy Shaker Lip Gloss

When these arrived at my door, I was intrigued. I'm not generally a fan of glossy lips. Matte lips, yes. Satin sheen? Yes. Gloss... um, no. But I was determined to give these little pots a go, mainly because they're so damn cute! I love the idea of 'shaking them up' to not only mix the product but to 'shake up' the lip product industry. The tag line is to ban the boring! and these definitely do that! What're more fun than having a shake shake shake? Not a lot! For a sheen of gloss and a hint of colour, you'd shake the product a few times, but for a bigger colour hit, that's when you want to have a little dance going on. Shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your booooty, shake your boooty... well, you get the idea. In their packaging, they have a lovely little metal top, with a clear plastic section, perfect for checking the consistency of the lip product. For a hydration hit, then minimal shaking is needed - just slick on the oil. Without getting your shake on, the product can look slightly congealed.. but trust me, a good little shake is all you need to discover some serious colour payoff!

With three natural oils (cranberry, sweet almond oil and omega 3) these help to nourish lips and keep them looking happy, healthy and fabulous whilst you're on the go! I have two shades: Vanilla Pop* and Great-fruit*, a dusky mauve pink and a bright coral orange. For my first impression, the main thing that struck me was the lack of stickiness. Gloss, to me, always implies stickiness, and this Lancome Juicy Shaker does not have any of that. The next thing that occurred to me whilst I was wearing Vanilla Pop was that the formulation wasn't at all drying on the lips either, making me think that the mix between oil and pigmentation was really well balanced. One shake just applied a slick of natural, nourishing oils, a few more shakes gave a wonderful tint, and some serious shaking brought out the brighter shades; which makes the perfect product for day to night wear. A soft, muted tone in the morning can be amped up, layered and made into the ideal evening lip. Or vice versa can be said as well. A bright shade in the morning can be worn as a neutral in the evening. These Juicy Shakers really are quite diverse in how they can be used, so what's not to like so far? 

Lancome Juicy Shaker Lip Gloss

I've found that they last for a good four/five hours, maintaining the moisturising properties, so my lips didn't feel dry or anything throughout my shift in work, despite lots of talking to customers, and having a small hydration break. I applied it with a hint of colour, just enough to give an even sheen of pigment to my lips and found that it lasted surprisingly very long. I'm really impressed with these Juicy Shakers even though I didn't think that I would be. Aside from the formula, the packaging is seriously beautiful! The beautiful embossed Lancome rose sits at the top of every product, but within is where I want to draw my attention, The application sponge is like a little cloud that applies the oil/pigment combination to your lips, and it's just so wonderful and relaxing. I don't think I've ever said that about any other lip product, so I highly recommend that you go and look at these! But please, if you have one, don't shake them without their sponge in/the lid screwed on. It will go everywhere... just think of all the beautiful product that you want to keep inside! 

The Lancome Juicy Shakers retail at £18 each, and I have my eyes on Apricute, Wonder Melon and Mangoes Wild. Which shades are you lusting after? #bantheboring


Are you following Ohkalukalay on Bloglovin and Instagram? 


From top right: Vanilla Pop and Great-Fruit
Lancome Juicy Shaker Lip Gloss swatch

Lancome Juicy Shaker Lip Gloss
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These are just everywhere at the minute and I love the idea of them! I really love glossy lips and HATE them being dry! I can't quite get myself to love matte lips yet so this sounds like the perfect product for me x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look so lovely! I've been waiting for them to be available in the US and the day has finally come. I've been eyeing up Vanilla Pop as I've seen some swathes and think it'll be great to wear day in and day out. Love your opinion on how they wear and last, thanks for it! :)

    Cindy | www.cindyhyue.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig