Thursday 9 June 2016

High End Beauty for Everyday use

High End for everyday use 1

High End for everyday use 4

High End for everyday use 5


I never really thought that I would be the kind of person that uses a lot of high end on a day to day basis, and when I think about it, I don't really. Yes, I may put on a higher end lipstick, but then again, today I was using a Maybelline Lip Crayon as my Nars Matte Lip Pencil sat in my bag. I think it's all about a bit of balance, but I wanted to speak about a few products that are essential enough for me to use everyday, and not just have them for special occasions - basically they're just so damn good that I need them in my life.

I try and balance everything in my life. I'll have a salad, but I'll also have cake. I'll use my L'Oreal Foundation, but I'll use my Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow Palette to contour and highlight. For me it's all about using the best of both worlds, as who doesn't love grabbing a bargain from Boots or Superdrug? But also, the rush when a coveted higher end product makes it into your life... there's nothing like it for us makeup addicts. The happiness I get from a cream eyeshadow or the perfect coral blush isn't deemed as important as other happiness in my life, but just because it's small, doesn't make it any less significant for me. Happiness comes in small and large packages... like dogs. Dogs are little furry bundles of happiness, and they come in all shapes and sizes. 

But let's talk about the makeup. I know it doesn't look like it, but I have actually used that Tom Ford Lipstick. A part of me cannot bare to lose the embossed TF so I use the other side when I apply it to my lips. I know Casablanca needs me to use it properly... but I may shed a small tear when I mar the perfection of that iconic Tom Ford symbol. I blogged fully about Tom Ford's Casablanca lipstick here, so pop over for a full gushing review. Another beauty that pains me to use it, is Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion, a pink coral that has be glowing as if I've just developed my first crush - you can read all about that one here (the blush that is, not the crush haha).

Speaking of blushes, can we just have a moment to look at the glorious shade of Deep Throat? It's by Nars, obviously. Who else comes up with names like that, right? It's iconic in it's peachy colour with a subtle shimmer... a gorgeous offering from a brand that I'm growing to lover with each and every purchase. Read all about Deep Throat here. Moving swiftly away from blushers, we have the one and only Too Faced Bronzer, which is their Milk Chocolate Soliel bronzer, perfect for us pale lot who still like to look a little bit more tanned than we actually are. It's like a little cheat for being out in the sun and without the damaging effects to our skin - basically a win-win. It's best applied with a big fluffy brush for a streak free look, and best when taken down the neck as well - gotta keep the entire look synchronised. Read about the wonderful bronzer that does actually smell like chocolate, here.

Charlotte Tilbury is a brand that gets a lot of love, and quite rightly. It's a brand synonymous with quality and decadence, perfect for that everyday touch of luxury. My Filmstar Bronze and Glow is what leaves my cheekbones looking glorious, and starlet like. Although it hasn't had it's own post yet, it has featured in dozens of posts - because it's just that damn good. A grey toned highlight and a golden highlighter - is there a better match? I certainly haven't found it!

And what's a post without some Estée Lauder? I mean it's me, come on. An eyeshadow fivesome that takes neutral to a new level, with the ability to create a subtle wash with champagne shades, or smoke it up with a mahogany crease, there are so many possibilities making it an palette that can be worn from day to night with very little effort used to amp up the drama. It's their Pure Colour Envy Eyeshadow 5 shade palette in Defiant Nude, and it's just so so good. The last member of this family is the Estée Lauder Double Wear Brush on Glow BB Concealer, which also acts as a rather lovely highlighter - making it a pretty good dupe for the YSL Touché Eclat, as you know it's going to make everything look so glowy and lovely. I use it on the inside of my eye, on the top of my cheekbones under highlighter, and down the centre of the nose ... just to draw an extra bit of illumination to the skin.

What are your everyday High End favourites? Any that I need to pay close attention to? 


High End for everyday use 6

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Lol, I feel the same way about my Tom Ford lipstick. I don't want my TF to ever go away.

    XO.

    Trecee
    http://treceefabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig