Friday 10 June 2016

My OKK Summer Beauty Box

If I made my own beauty box - summer 1

Happy Friday my lovelies! So today I'm going to be doing another edition of 'If I made my own Beauty Box' because loads of you loved it! It's such a fun thing to imagine, as a dozen or so bloggers have their own and it just leads me to wonder what I'd have in my own box ... so this time, is my Summer Beauty Box, featuring some of my favourite products to use during warmer months, and some new additions that I'll be wearing. My first post on this topic was waaaay back in March, entitled, obviously 'If I made my own Beauty Box...' which got a wonderful reception by some wonderful bloggers on Twitter and through comments, so here is my next addition!

In my imaginary box, which has a wonderful sense of Summer about it with it's red nautical stripes (much like the makeup bag below) would arrive at doorsteps, encasing the striped makeup bag and some wonderful goodies to leave you thinking about ways to laze away long Summer days (I like to do this with a cocktail, personally). 

Hydration is super important for me, especially when the weather changes, so including a super light, but hydrating moisturiser was a big priority, so I chose Jurlique's Rose Moisture Plus which is almost gel like in consistency, and perfect for combatting skin that gets shiny through the day. On top of that I think La Roche Posay's Effaclar BB Blur is the perfect light Summer base, as it really does blur the skin, making me think... where did the patchy redness on my cheeks just go? Yep, it's that good! These two are a really good combination for humidity, as they combat shine, and come from two skincare brands that I trust greatly. Read my reviews for La Roche-Posay's Effaclar BB Blur and Jurlique's Rose Moisture Plus Moisturiser here)

On top of a glowy, yet somewhat matte base, there's nothing like a bit of bronzer to perk the skin up - it's perfect for Summer, when it's time to get the pale pins out and apply liberal amounts of SPF. I always use a bronzer these days to warm up my skin, as otherwise it just leaves me looking pale - and not really in an interesting way either. So that's why The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer is so brilliant (see the full review here); suitable for even the palest skin tones, it's gives the skin a lovely warmth and glow without making sin look orange or if you need a good scrub (trust me, some bronzers do that). I'm a huge fan of this matte bronzer, especially because the packaging is so damn cute! You can still see the little indentations of the honey in the pan, making it so cute, but also so sad to use! Who wants to mar that loveliness? Whilst the skin is looking matte and perfect, a slick of stain or gloss is the accompaniment of choice, and at the moment, there is nothing better than Lancome's Juicy Shaker, which allows you to shake them up to achieve the consistency and colour of your choice. A vibrant stain, or a sheer gloss? That's totally up to you! The colour choices are especially stunning as well! My choice shade is Great-Fruit, a bright coral that has Summer written all over it (read my full review of the Lancome Juicy Shakers here).

For an eyeshadow that's the best one wash of colour around, Seventeen's Eyeshadow in Rose Quartz is a rose taupe packed to the rafters with shimmer, making it dramatic enough for a night out, but lovely and simple enough to wear in the day. Plus it blends like a dream, so what is there not to love? You can see the full review here, and gape over how beautiful it is. And now onto the last two products, both essentials in their own right - a facial massager and a wonderfully fragrant hand cream. The Body Shop's Facial Massager is the answer to dull, blemish prone skin as it helps blood circulation in the face, and also aids in drainage; which makes the face less puffy and generally looking a bit brighter. Last but not least, is a glorious hand cream from L'Occitane, and for anyone who loves the smell of cherry blossoms like I do, they you're going to be in for a wonderful treat when this is applied. Creamy, moisturising and in hard wearing packaging that can stand the test of time when rolling around in your handbag.

So, what do you think of my Summer Beauty Box? What goodies would you include in yours? x


If I made my own beauty box - summer 3

If I made my own beauty box - summer 4
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig