Monday 9 February 2015

Lush R&B Hair Moisturiser

Lush HB1

It seems that I'm all about the Lush haircare these days, but who doesn't love a good Lush product? A very good (male) friend of mine even told me that he'd made a New Year's resolution to start taking better care of himself, so he took himself to Lush and bought an entire skincare routine, complete with face mask for use twice weekly. I was pretty darn chuffed with what he said, as I think people taking better care of their skin, regardless of gender, is something we should all shout about. Saying goodbye to dry/oily/combination skin, and saying hello to a cleanser, toner and moisturiser that suits them and their needs. Huzzah! But let's get back to this hair product. I have a dry scalp, greasy roots and dry ends. It's a conundrum, I tell you. I use a clarifying shampoo to be clean my roots, but it leaves my scalp feeling dry - and I don't want anything too heavy, otherwise my roots get greasy twice as quickly - which is a massive thumbs down from me. That's where this hair moisturiser comes in. Lush's R&B Hair Moisturiser (£11.50, here) is my go to for solving the issue of dry scalp and dry roots, without making my hair too greasy or horrible.

Sometimes after I wash my hair, I get a horribly dry scalp, that itches, so I like to dip my fingers into the pot, and coat them with the thinnest covering, before rubbing my hands together, and then massaging that into my scalp. I do that on wet hair, then leave to dry as normal, which is either natural, or with a hair dryer (and a heating protecting product on my hair). It feels buttery soft and full of natural goodness, but doesn't weigh my hair down or making it greasy faster than usual. There's a loooong list of loveliness in this pot, and these are only a few of them; Avocado oil, Oat milk, Extra Virgin Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Olive oil, Orange flower, Jasmine and Bay oil. Basically, a lot of oils, and they do my hair good. I love this massaged onto the ends of my hair as well, as not only does it give them a boost of moisture, but it smells divine. My hair is pretty thin, but according to some research, it works well on thick, wavy hair, as well as afro hair - but once again, you only need to use the smallest amount, as it's so rich and wonderful. I've had my 100ml pot for a good few months now, and have only made a small dent in the product, which I think is wonderful value - as trust me, it's going to last you a while. And because it's Lush, you know that it's ethical, as well as natural. Give it a sample when you're in store next, hopefully, if you're in the market for a hair moisturiser, you'll give this one a go. It's a winner. 

Lush HB2
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This sounds like a really interesting product!
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the value of the product, and how long it lasts!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like I have very similar hair to you and I love R&B too! Bought a pot not long ago and I can easily see it lasting me a year or longer :)


    Lovely Witches

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig