Tuesday 17 February 2015

New Lush Haircare and Skincare Purchases

New Lush Cosmetics 1 New Lush Cosmetics  2

Yes, I'm afraid it is another little Lush post. I have recently become so obsessed with them (much like when I was 15 and thought Lush was the bee's knees - which it still totally is, fyi) because not only are they ethical, but they're natural - and my skin loves that. Gone are the days when I buy hair products that are full of silicon and horrible nasties - instead, it's Lush all the way. It feels fuller, bouncy and just lovely - I think my newest shampoo purchase has something to do with that. I love Juicy (£5.50, here) is a fruity dream, filled with glorious naturalness including Papaya, Pineapple, Lemon and Kiwi - all of which sounds delightfully tropical, and makes it smell delicious - like a fruity cocktail on a sun warmed beach. It's just yum, and I love it. It's not really something I'd recommend for dry hair, but for those who have greasy hair, that gets oily reaaaally quickly, this is for you. This bottle is currently sitting next to Rehab and Veganese in my shower, a shampoo and conditioner team that really works, making it my go-to for haircare at the moment. 

Next up is skincare, and who doesn't love a good bath product? I wanted something soothing and soft for my dry skin, which plays up especially in the cold weather - so Butterball (£2.50, here) was what I ended up with, as the Butterbears weren't in store anymore. It has a lovely, soothing mixture of cocoa butter and ylang ylang, which makes the water not only lovely and moisturising, but gives off an almost aromatheraputic scent. It was such a relaxing bath, especially when combined with candles and a cheeky face mask. It fizzes nicely in the bath, and leaves such a lovely film of oil on the skin, which I massage into the skin once I'm out of the bath - then I pat myself dry, and my doesn't feel nearly as dry and tight as it would without any bath oil, or anything in the water. It's a lovely treat, and who doesn't love a good bath bomb? Next up in the bath department, is the Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar (£3.25), which sadly you cannot get on the website, but it gave off a lovely lavender esc aroma, and turned the water a lovely shade of lilac, making it gorgeous to relax in - as who doesn't love coloured water? It just plays with my imagination and makes me wonder if there's a part of the world out there, with just the right environmental conditions for the water to be purple... oh well, I live in hope. It was part of their Valentine's Day selection, as perhaps one of the most talked about products, as hey, it's a unicorn horn. 

Have you purchased any Lush products recently? Got your eye on anything, or got any recommendations for me? 

New Lush Cosmetics  3 New Lush Cosmetics  4
New Lush Cosmetics 6

New Lush Cosmetics  5
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig