Tuesday 7 July 2015

Favourites for the month of June 2015.

June Monthly favourites 1

June Monthly favourites 2

I love monthly favourites posts, even though I haven't written one for a while; I just love seeing what other people are using, and obviously, they've liked it enough for the whole month to warrant putting it into a favourites post. So you know, they think it's good, and then you have to read it, research it and then ultimately buy it for yourself if you're in the market for it... so yeah, I would say these posts are kinda important. I should do them more often, really. But let's get on with this post, as these products have really been doing me well for the month of June... so much so, I cannot get enough of them. Read on, and get your notebooks ready, because you'll be wanting everything. Trust me.

Let's start with the nails; Butter London's Hardware Topcoat (£15, here) and Nail Foundation (£15, here), both of which are available separately as well as in a set together, which I bought from TKmaxx a while ago. A idea of a nail foundation was what drew me in, as well as hearing wonderful things about their hardwearing top coat, and for about £12 or so, I was sold (thank you TKmaxx). The nail foundation evens out the nail for you, much like foundation would do so for your face, before your apply two coats of your chosen colour, and then finishing it with a seal of top coat, and I find that with a super shiny manicure like this, and working in a very hands on environment like retail, this will last up to five days with very minimal chipping before it starts to be very noticeable. They've been what I've reaching for before I start any manicure these days, and for the colour, I've fallen in love with Maybelline's Superstay Forever Strong Nail Polish in Uptown Blue (£4.49, here), which may be one of my all time favourite nail colours, as it's so beautifully blue, plus the formula from Maybelline is astounding - on a relaxing week, a manicure will last seven days without major chipping, and for me, that is an insane amount of time. 

Moving on from the nails, we have one skincare item. One. I know what you're thinking, but this product has been my go-to for weekends away, holidays and just what I want a small little tub to carry around with me, and it's from Nourish, their Argan Skin Renew moisturiser * (£25, here). I am actually in looooove with this moisturiser. It's light but nourishing on the skin, full of wonderful things that my skin just drinks up, and I cannot be without it, but thank goodness it comes in a bigger pot, as I don't know what I'll be doing without it when my little pot runs out. With the scent and goodness of rose and frankincense, this moisturiser is something my skin and I both love. 

June Monthly favourites 3

Makeup is a way of life for me. It can transform and enhance, which is why I love it so much. I can feel so terribly sick and uncomfortable, but my makeup can say 'Yeah, I'm feeling awesome, let's do this!' and I love that about it. One product that's been livening up my complexion, is surprise surprise the offering from Estée Lauder's Bronze Goddess range, and it's their bronzer (£32, here), which I cannot get enough of since I bought it in May, after my holiday. Bronzer was never something that appealed to me, but after getting a slight tan during my holiday, I thought that yes, this is now something I'm going to do. I'm going to apply bronzer and rock it. And you know what, I really am. I think I look pretty damn good with bronzer on my face, considering last year nothing even remotely tanned touched my pale skin. Oh, how times change, right? I spoke lovingly about it here in a post all about my adoration for Estée Lauder and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. It livens up my skin without being too harsh, orange or heavy - it's extremely buildable and divine. Plus the packaging reminds me of something my mum would have had when she was young; it would have matched her tortoiseshell sunglasses, and she would have rocked it too. Another makeup product is one other holiday purchase, and it's Clinique's Pop Lip Colour Primer in Melon Pop (£16, here) which is just so wonderful, smooth and formulated to perfection, that I cannot be without it. The colour is a soft pink, coral and looks so good on the lips. It seems to be the colour that everyone is obsessed with, and I cannot blame them. I spoke about it here in my Duty Free haul post, and I will tell you this, go and swatch these lipsticks. You will not be disappointed. Trust me on this, you fabulous people.  

Lastly, we have a fragrance and a skincare tool; one which looks like a medieval implement of torture, and the other which makes me smile every time I smell it. From Library of Fragrance is their scent of Grass, and ohmygosh, it smells of fresh cut grass, which I can enjoy without the impending doom of hay ever hanging around me. Basically, it's a win-win. It's £15 (here) and with an offer of two for £25, it makes online shopping not only incredibly easy, but expensive, especially when I want all of the scents, so I can smell divine, no matter what I'm spraying. Grass, Rain, Cherry Blossom, Pineapple, Coconut, Gin & Tonic this brand has them all, and has my support for being one of the most inventive brands in the fragrance market. I cannot wait to add more to my collection. The Body Shops' Facial Massager (£6, here) isn't something I use sparingly. It's used every morning and night, to remove the build up of fluids from under the skin, get the blood flowing (and thereby making my skin glow) and make everything generally less puffy and more radiant. I remember writing a post on it, years ago, and teaming it with Hydraluron and my moisturiser of choice at the time. It's here for those who want to have a good nose, and even though it's been two years, I still cannot get enough of this facial massager - it's a staple for my skin and skincare routine. Cannot be without it. Definitely a Desert Island Item. What's been rocking your June? Any products I need to know about? 

June Monthly favourites 4

June Monthly favourites 5
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Uptown Blue and Melon Pop, what a gorgeous colours!

    Gem. x | slightgem.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig