Thursday 9 July 2015

Makeup Inspiration from Pinterest #2

makeup inspiration pinterest
Pin #1, Pin #2, Pin #3, Pin #4 and Pin #5

I have a board titled (you guessed it) 'Makeup Inspiration' on Pinterest and not only do I love pinning, and expanding that folder, but I love scrolling through it late at night, when I'm thinking about what makeup I want to do for the next morning, or for an evening out with friends. It doesn't have to be anything too 'out there' but it can be a simple red lip with a brown liner cat eye - something simple, but different i.e. something I wouldn't have originally thought of. I did a post a few months ago on my makeup inspirations from Pinterest (here) and now that i look back on it, not that much has actually changed. Glowy skin, coloured liner and statement lips tend to be the three things I look for in a makeup look, and these five pins above have a combination of them all, plus they include the amazing Emma Watson and Shay Mitchell.

The first two pins are all about metallic liner, which I looooove the look of: whether it's silver or gold, these two looks step away from the black classic flick, and instead replace it with something fresh but still something that makes a statement. It's glitzy without being too much, and I love the simplicity of a flick of gold/silver without having to do an awful lot of blending with numerous eyeshades. Simplicity at it's best.  Now the third image has taken blending to a whole new level for me, as first of all, I never go that far up the eyelid, and second of all, that highlight of gold in the middle of the eye makes this look for me. It's deep but not too dark, like a taupe/charcoal with something bronze and metallic in there - it's a look that I cannot quite pin down (haha) but I assume is a mixture of multiple shadows. I love it, and it's even inspired me to take my shadow a bit further up the eyelid - dramatic and smoky, two things I love for when I fancy focusing on the eyes on a night out.

Two celebrity looks, that I love no matter what they wear/what makeup they have on, belong to Emma Watson and Shay Mitchell. Whilst Emma is more glowy and natural with a true red as her lipstick, Shay vamps it up with contoured cheeks and an oxblood red lip. Two different looks, but nonetheless very lustworthy. With fluttery lashes, sweeps of bronze on the eyelids and highlighted skin, these two ladies have nailed a statement lip two different ways, and that gives me so much inspiration. Whether I fancy a glowy, bronzed look or something more structured with hollowed cheekbones, these two fabulous women do not disappoint. Not only are they wonderful actresses, people and fashionistas, they also rock some serious makeup looks. What makeup looks are inspiring you right now? And another shameless plug, but my Pinterest can be found here
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Shay Mitchell looks beautiful! I love the deep red with metallic eyes. Gorgeous : ) xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig