Wednesday 8 July 2015

Holiday/Travelling skincare essentials.

Holiday Skincare 6

Holidays are pretty much the best things ever. The excitement, months before... Summer Holiday shopping is perhaps one of my favourite things - it's a brilliant excuse for a new lipstick (or five) or a pair of new shoes (or five), it's the kind of occasion where not only are the people going excited, but everyone else around you wants you to go, and have an amazing time. Surely to tell them all about it, and then they'll promptly want to book much the same holiday - does that happen with anyone else? That happens with me all the time. Hence why I want to go everywhere I see other bloggers going to. See: Greek Islands, Paris (again), Italy and the Maldives. Everywhere just looks so beautiful and lustworthy when you see the pictures on blogs, Twitter and Instagram. It's wanderlust and I feel it with every travel photo that I see. I just want to travel everywhere - and since I returned from Turkey in May, it's taken a lot of control to not book three more holidays for this year. They're amazing and memorable, but boy, they can be very expensive. 

But let's move on from that. Let's talk about some products that did me so well on my holiday to Turkey - which was mainly spent laying in the sun, having amazing food and swimming in the sea. For laying in the sun, which was basically 30 degrees each day, I knew I had to protect my pale skin and La Roche-Posays' Anthelios XL Oil SPF 50+ (£13.50, here) was brilliant for that. It's a oil, which not only protects the skin, but moisturises it as well - at the end of the week, my skin was not only sun kissed, but supple and smooth - applying this oil after swimming and every few hours or so, left my boyfriend and I with wonderful tans, and soft skin. For me, soft skin isn't an odd thing, as I moisturise like crazy, but for my boyfriend it must have been a rather peculiar thing. Yes, he'll moisturise his face, but his body is usually just the domain of shower gel etc, so applying this and feeling so smooth... must have been rather strange, but lovely nonetheless. Continuing on with sun care, my aftersun of choice is by Piz Buin and it's their After Sun Allergy Lotion (£7.49, here) which not only moisturises and restores skin, it's also dermatologically tested so that it doesn't irritate skin, because that is the last thing you need on sun sensitive skin. 

Another skincare addition from La Roche-Posay is their Cicaplast (£6.50, here), and it's a soothing balm that I take everywhere with me. I use it on any sore spots, or blemishes, eczema and blisters - it's basically the type of balm that I put on anything red or angry looking. I've actually got some slathered on the tops of my ears right now, as they burnt slightly in the sun when I was at Silverstone watching the F1. Not only does it calm everything down, it puts moisture back into the skin, whereas it would just be dehydrated and sore for a long time. For haircare, I didn't take a hair SPF, as I'm a firm believer in wearing wide brimmed sun hats, but that doesn't mean that hair can't get dehydrated as well - so Lush's R&B Hair Moisturiser (£11.50, here) came in super handy, not only for dry ends, but for frizz and a scorched scalp. It's very rich and you only need to apply the smallest bit to benefit from it's essential oils and avocado extract - for me, this was a hair saviour, and I take it with me everywhere I go, whether abroad on holiday, or camping for a long weekend. My hair loves it so much. 

Lastly, is an essential every nail polish wearing person should have. I bought them at a last minute dash through WHSmith before boarding the plane, just to make sure I had everything - turns out I didn't, but who ever does? Any nail polish remover pads will do the job, I just think its so much easier to take these with you, than carting around a big bottle, complete with cotton will pads - it saves time, and can be thrown into your hand luggage. A holiday essential if there ever was one.

What are your holiday essentials? Any that I've missed out on? I've also done a post about what products I took on the flight and actually used (here) as well as what skincare I took with me, as I know those are always tough decisions (here). Lastly, makeup is always important and here is what I took with me and used during my week in Turkey. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig