Tuesday 7 July 2015

July: The life update and three lists of five things.

Makeup Glow 5

After returning from Silverstone, with a slightly pink nose and sunburnt ears, I couldn't wait to have a bath and soak all my weary bones. Silverstone was full of long days, pints of cider, hundreds of thousands of racing fans and reddened skin. The sun was out in force, and even those like me, who always use SPF, the wind got me, and turned my skin red. So yeah, I'm a bit burnt... but I think slathering on facial oil, serums and moisturisers is helping, I just hope that there isn't going to be lasting damage. Remember your SPF kids. But aside from turning a bit red, I had a fabulous time with my boyfriend, even though sharing a tent (which partially flooded on the friday night thanks to a horrendous thunder/lightning/rain storm) wasn't my idea of fun, for five days. I mean, I've camped loads through my childhood and teenage years, but it's so different with my boyfriend, as opposed to my family. Parents usually solve everything, but it was up to me and the boyfriend... I think we managed to do quite well, despite a slightly hysterical moment when I was scooping out all the water from our tent with bowls and saucepans; the mood went from disbelief, to hysterical laughter and then it was all a bit sad. But once we'd had our coffee and breakfast, it started to seem not that bad at all. Now, I can laugh about it but at the time, nooooope, I was a grump until about lunchtime... then more food seemed to cheer me up. Life lesson - food always cheers me up. If it doesn't, then there is something seriously wrong.

There's this image I saw on Instagram and it says 'Be with someone who gives you the same feeling of when you see your food coming at a restaurant': it's something that I identify with quite a lot, because food is amazing - and I was once told in TGI Fridays that my response to my food being carried to me was one of the best the waiter had ever seen. I was actually told that on the second date with my boyfriend, and yeah... kinda just setting the standard for our relationship, as food is awesome. My boyfriend is pretty cool too though... and he just makes me happy. He gives me that food feeling, and I equate that with a lot of happiness - like a plate of spaghetti and meatballs being carried towards you... he makes me that happy. It's a weird analogy, but we're both quite strange, me more so than him though. If you ever meet me, you'll understand why.

But on another note. I applied for a job, and long story short, I didn't get it and the reasons why are pretty simple: I'm not assertive/cocky enough to work in that certain line of business. Yeah, I'm polite, maybe more so than I should be, but I don't think cutting each other off, and trying to lead the entire conversation by being louder than those around you is assertive, it's just plain rude. What ever happened to just being nice? I don't think the business world is one for me, with its boys clubs and having to be something I'm not, just to get ahead. It wasn't a job that I especially wanted - the main appeal was that it was a lot more money than I make now, and it had good transfer opportunities. The negatives definitely outweighed the positives, and in hindsight, I'm rather glad I didn't get it, as I know, I would have hated it. I just need to figure out a new path for myself, and even if it takes me back to school, then I'll do it. I want to be as open minded as possible, and find something that feels right. 

Five songs and quotes I am obsessed with: Basically anything by Taylor Swift right now. 1 Out of the Woods 'We were built to fall apart - and fall back together'. 2 Clean 'When I was drowning, that's when I could finally breathe - gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean'. 3 Wildest Dreams 'Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, red lips and rosy cheeks - even if it's just in your wildest dreams'. 4 This Love 'These hands had to let it go free and this love came back to me'. 5 I Know Places 'They'll be chasing their tails trying to track us down, I know places we can hide - Loose lips sink ships all the damn time'.

Five places I want to go to: I've recently returned from watching the Formula 1 at Silverstone, and there are so many more tracks that I want to visit, such as: #1 Monaco - the track for those who are obsessed with F1. I cannot wait to go one day. #2 Belgium - Spa Francorchamps is one of those tracks that is steeped in legend. #3 Hungary - the Hungaroring circuit is another that I cannot wait to visit. #4 Canada - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal is on my bucket list, as well as Canada itself. #5 Italy - Monza, much like Imola is surrounded by so much history and its somewhere I need to go. 

Five things that I have recently purchases: #1 Lunch for myself and my boyfriend, from a Greggs on the motorway services. I don't think a mini Victoria Sponge has ever tasted as good as it did after 5 days of constant savoury meals at Silverstone. #2 Mac lipstick in Crosswires - a lipstick I'll be talking about on the blog soon. #3 A birthday present for my boyfriend, which will remain anonymous on here, as he does occasionally read this blog. GOOD TRY. #4 Denim Shorts - Very unlike me, but hey, it was camping in a field, and shorts are easy to wear. With t-shirts and hoodies, wellies and sandals, these shorts can be pared with anything. #5 Perfume - for my boyfriends sister, who loved the perfume I wore when I stayed at their house. It smells like summer in a bottle and I recommend it to everyone (From Next, called Paradise Island).


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. It must be hard to have not gotten a job based on your nature, but I'm glad you are so positive about it!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig