Friday 8 November 2013

The Repurchased Mascara - L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof


For me, this is the mascara. No other has achieved what this one has, and until I find another one that does, I will quite happily not let another mascara into my heart (yes, it's really that good, and i'm really that dramatic). It's not one for volume, so if you want thicker lashes, this isn't the one for you, but if you are a fan of length, then keep reading. My eyelashes do not hold curl well. They'll put their hands up (you know, if they had hands) and admit that they do not hold curl well at all. Whilst everyone else has amazing eyelashes that are perfectly curled without mascara... and for those who can wear any mascara and have their eyelashes looking full and perfect (i'm looking at you, bff of mine) for me, this mascara is the bee's knees. The one way in which my eyelashes will curl, is with the assistance of my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers (which have their own dedicated post coming up) and with a waterproof mascara. If it's not waterproof, I will not waste my time, or my money. This mascara was introduced to me by Vivianna of Vivianna Does Makeup, and after discovering that she has relatively the same eyelash problems as me, and since she raved about this mascara, I decided to go get it; and goodness me, am I glad that I did!

This mascara, in waterproof black, has a plastic bristled wand, and it's not bushy, or too big to handle (ergo not getting any on my eyelid) and it's quite a flexible top, so you can get right in there to get those pesky little smaller lashes that tend to evade regular mascara. So, once I use my Shu Uemura's (and I don't just curl them once, I have to pump them a few times around the roots of the lashes to get a longer lasting, better curl) I apply the mascara, and use a technique that my best friend uses, which is not only to rock the brush in a zig zag motion, but to curl the wand, at the base of your lashes, away from your eye, as it pushes the lashes up, up, up (I know it sounds weird, but give it a try!) and then I work on the outer and inner corners of my eye, making sure all of my lashes are covered in order to have the most wide awake look possible. Once that's dry, I apply it on my bottom lashes, and bam! My mascara look is done, and I never tend to fret or feel the need to check on my lashes if this is on, as I can apply it, and it'll be as perfect at night, as it was when I first applied it in the morning. L'Oreal, you are wonderful for bringing out this mascara... but I have heard that the formula has been changed... so who knows, maybe I'll hate the new formula and have to take back this entire post. Oh well.


What mascara is your go-to, never let you down, mascara? Is this something that you'd try? Let me know (:

xx
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have yet to try this version of telescopic mascara. My go to mascara is the Loreal finer lash mascara.

    -Zubie
    zubiesmusings.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig