Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Soap & Glory 'One Heck of a Blot' Translucent Mattifying Powder


I don't remember why I bought this, or what made me browse the Soap & Glory stand, but i'm very, very glad that I did. This mattifying powder is amazing. Stand back Rimmel, this is my mattifying powder of choice. Seriously, it's so good; I use it everyday, and carry it around with me for a quick touch up, should there be any shine on my face. I was unfamiliar with the concept of a mattifying powder, as beforehand, I would have just used a translucent powder to 'set' my foundation, but with the introduction of this into my life, I cannot see myself using anything else. Not long after I bought it, I noticed it creeping up upon the blogs of some wonderful bloggers, and I thought, 'Yay, this product is getting the press it deserves'. 

To use this product, I apply it with a Real Techniques Powder Brush and push it onto the skin, as opposed to swirling it, as i've found that pushing the product onto the skin is more likely to set the foundation and leave it in place, as opposed to swirling it, and moving the product. And can we talk about the name? 'One Heck of a Blot' pretty much says it all, as it mattifies so well, is is a complete go to for a reduction in shine and the appearance of oil on my face (ahhh, the drawbacks of having oily/combination skin). This compact comes with a large circular mirror, and a circular puff in order to apply the product, if you're out and about with no powder brush. I've used it many a time for a 't-zone' touch up, and find that it works wonderfully well. I would totally recommend this product (and I have done, several times) as it does exactly what it says 'on the tin'. This is a winner of a product for me, and I think that it can be worn on any skintone, as the colour is translucent. So, a winner for all? I like to think so.

What do you think of this powder, or mattifying powders in general? Are you a fan? Let me know (:

xx


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I bought this after my Rimmel Stay Matte powder broke and I'm sooo pleased with it. Does exactly what it says on the tin and it feels light and pleasant on the skin - excellent! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Sounds like a great product! Thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review, never heard or seen this powder before. Will keep a look out for this product. :)
    Xoxoxo
    Sincerely Renny
    http://sincerelyrenny.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't suit matte skin at all, but I love the packaging. Is that a good enough reason to buy it? ;)

    Molly x
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig