Friday 1 November 2013

October Favourites 2013



Is it just me, or are monthly favourites some of your favourite posts to read? Maybe it's just me being really nosy, but I adore seeing what people are using and loving! A few of my favourites will probably be no surprise to a few of you, because I have spoken about them so many times, and by damn, I just adore them! Some of them are new, and have immediately jumped into being some of my go to products, others, are old faithfuls that are just making me smile every time I use them (oh yes, they're just that good), so let's get this show on the road.

Soap & Glory's Hand Food. It's a classic hand cream for me, especially around this time of year, when it's getting cold, but it's not really cold, and the really, really cold weather calls for my The Body Shop Hemp hand cream. But this is a light, but nourishing with a lovely floral scent, that I can use out and about, and before bed, just to give the skin on my hands a bit of a moisture session whilst I sleep. 

Next is Liz Earle's Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion, which I reviewed here, so full the full thoughts and the many reasons as to why I love it, check it out. But I will say, this is wonderful and makes me look alive in the morning, which is easier said than done... Now, we have a little bottle of wonder, and it's Origins Super Spot Remover which I also reviewed here and my goodness, I cannot do without this little genius product. It reduces the size of my spots by half in one night. Ugh. It's so good, it is a permanent addition to my skincare routine. The last of my recently reviewed products is La Roche-Posay's Serozinc which is the toner to end all toners, as far as i'm concerned. It's been reviewed here and this is another bottle of wonder; made for oily skin, it controls how much oil is produced by the skin and has really helped in clearing up my skin.

Up next, is Indeed Labs Hydraluron which is a firm blogger favourite, and I totally agree why. With ingredients that boost the amount of moisture the skin can take it, this is an essential step in my skincare routine. It takes pride of place after my toner and eye cream, but before my serum, night moisturiser, and super spot remover. Adore this. Speaking of my eye cream, here is my beloved Una Brenna Neroli Eye Cream which is my only eye cream, and it just works for me. It's not too thick, or too thin, and it does what it's supposed to do. It's a good base for eye makeup, and also firms the skin around my eyes.



Now, let's move onto the makeup. Two cream eyeshadows and the foundation i'm loving so much at the moment. The cream eyeshadows are at two oppisite ends of the spectrum. One is Mac Paint pot in Vintage Selection, and the other is 17 Metallic in Wild Nude. They both have a shimmer through them, but I would say that Wild Nude is darker than Vintage selection, and easier to put on, as it spreads very, very easily. Vintage Selection was love at first sight. It's the longest lasting cream eyeshadow i've ever had, and it's a light nude with a gold/silver shimmer running through it, that makes your eyelids look so good. 17's cream eye shadow is something I pop on when I don't have a lot of time, and it gives a wonderful definition to the lids, whereas I use Mac when I have more time, and then layer on a darker colour through the crease.

Last, but not least, is Maxfactor's Whipped Foundation in Light Ivory. The first time I tried it, I was like, 'No, this is not for me', but the second time, I said 'Yes', and bam! I've been using it everyday since. It's creamy, easy to blend, covers very well, and just makes my skin look mattified, but still allows the glow from my skin to shine through. Which is always a plus. I put this on using an Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and it goes on like a dream. Well done Maxfactor, well done.

What products are you loving this month? Have your tried any of these, or are you tempted by them? Let me know. 

xx




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The Una Brennan eye cream sounds interesting and since I've never tried anything from that brand I might give this a go :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the hydraluron! Love where you take these pictures :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the products look so adorable with the tealights and candles! I also nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award, I hope you get time to take part!

    http://simplicity12.blogspot.fr/2013/11/the-versatile-blogger-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max factors foundation is great! Plus your photo look so beautiful xx




    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig