Thursday 8 May 2014

Korres Wild Rose Brightening Moisturiser



I remember this little purchase was totally inspired by Kate over at Gh0stparties, and along with it, I also ordered my first Korres lip butter in, you guessed it, Wild Rose. This moisturiser, doesn't really feel like any other that I've used before - it doesn't have that thick, cream like texture, but it's - I actually have no idea how to explain it, it's thin, but it's thick and when you scoop some out onto your fingers, it doesn't look at all that impressive. But it is, I assure you, it is. Slather it on, and in sinks in like a dream with the most gorgeous scent of rose, leaving skin plump and hydrated, which are two very important areas to cover when looking for a good moisturiser. 

It's light and smoothing, it kind of feels like it would be a really good base for foundation, and it is, don't get me wrong - that was the impression I first got when I slathered it on my face. And you don't need a lot of it, it's one of those amazing products where a little goes a long way. Because my skin is so pale, it just tends to glow of its own accord, but I think this cream definitely helps in aiding a bit of brightening - which once again speaks to how good a base it as, as you can just put some concealer on top and get on with your day. As I'm writing this, this is my moisturiser of choice, and it currently sat under a layer of foundation and concealer, and it looks good. With pale skin and hereditary dark circles, it's very easy for me to look quite.. zombie esc, or vampire esc... whichever one you think is more appealing; but I think with use of this (I use it in the mornings before my primer/foundation/concealer for a long day) it does make me look more alive (something I am always thankful for). I think it's the Vitamin C, which is an ingredient I love about my Clarins Daily Energizers moisturiser, that gives me that bit of brightness that is so hard to fake without a good amount of know how. Who doesn't love some Vitamin C, though?

You can purchase Korres Wild Rose Moisturiser (£20, here) or you could do what I would do, and snap up this offer of the 1 + 1 Wild Rose Skincare Set Day (£20, here) as it combines the moisturiser with the eye cream, and I think that's a pretty amazing bargain. Gotta love LookFantastic for bargains, and this is a definite one. This pot is certainly a long lasting one, as even though I made quite a dent in my Clarins one, I've gone back to this time and time again, as the smell is divine and it just does what is says it will, which is brighten, hydrate and make your skin look smooth, ugh, amazing, right?


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. it is good to know that it is not thick but moisturizing. I was curious about korres creams a they are supposed to be on the natural side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried the body care products, which are wonderful and this sounds lovely - something for the wish list :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this moisturiser, I had a sample size of it and really enjoyed it!
    But the mask from the range is my true love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a sample of this and I absolutely love it, it'll be a definite purchase when it runs out. Creates such a good base for make-up and feels gorgeous, amazing!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! This sounds so lovely! I have heard about this one before, too! Might have to check this one out for myself!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig