Thursday 22 May 2014

Soap & Glory 'Flake Away' Body Scrub


The body scrub of champions, and the original Soap & Glory scrub, for me. It was the first one I ever bought from them, and it's so good. Flake Away is an offering made from Shea Butter, Sugar and Peach Seed Powder that smells so, so good. It's one of those typical S&G scents, not too overtly floral, but floral enough to know that yes, it is a Soap & Glory product, with no doubt about it at all. Do you know that you get a massive 300ml for £8 (here)? Which I think is awesome for a body scrub, and is one that I've had to repurchase, as well as a few other scrubs (this one is totally coming on holiday with me), time and time again, because it does it's job so well. Not only does it have fine rinds of ...scrubby stuff (technical term, I know) but it's really moisturising as well, without being too greasy or heavy on the skin - it just makes you feel fresh, clean and wonderfully smooth, which is such a brilliant thing for summer... as everyone feels so overheated and sweaty... just me? Surely not.


Now, it wouldn't be a good ol' nourishing scrub if it didn't have some almond oils in there, as well a bit of sea salt (ugh, love this stuff. just makes everything better) to give the scrub an extra bit of kick, in the, uh, scrubbing area of things. Basically, I think this stuff is really wonderful, and would totally recommend it to those who haven't really tried anything from Soap & Glory, or have yet to try this little pot of wonder... I say little pot, it's not really. It's quite hefty, and will last a good while.

The packaging is typical S&G, gloriously pink and pretty, with those black and white pictures that have become synonymous with the brand. On the lid itself, it does mention turning reptile esc legs into radiant ones, but I use this scrub all over, especially on the back of my arms, as its fine grain really polishes away all of the dead skin cells that build up there. This is one of my definite choices for my holiday, and even though it may weigh quite a bit, it's still wondrous and it'll sit quite joyfully in my toiletries bag. What are your favourite scrubs? Any I should take a look at? Let me know.


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is my favourite scrub! I love that it is actually grainy, and you can feel it working :D

    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the buttery scrub from Dirty Works (I'm not sure if the scrub is actually called that, but it's something along those lines). It smells so good, scrubs really well, is lovely and moisturising and is about half the price of S&G! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm sounds amazing! I love a great all over scrub like this!
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig