Saturday 31 May 2014

Holiday Picks from my Beauty Swap with KatiedoesBeauty



Judging by the title, you'll be right if you guess that myself and Katie from KatiedoesBeauty did a little beauty/skincare swap, as we live relatively near each other, and had far too many products cluttering up our rooms; so what better than to do a little switch and maybe discover our new 'holy grail' product? I first met Katie when we were arranging to go to a little Benefit event together, as well as with a few other bloggers, and we really hit it off! It's just really lovely to chat about beauty and skincare, and bloggers with someone who gets it, right? So we agreed to meet up for a little chat and maybe some food, which 'lo and behold, turned into a massive food fest at Pizza Hut (and it was so good. If in doubt, always choose to make your own individual pizza *drools*) and I even instagrammed it before it was eaten (here), shame that the same couldn't be said for the dessert... *coughs*

Anywho, seeing as I'm venturing off on holiday, I thought I'd do a little choice pick of what beauty swap items I chose to take with me on holiday (seriously, if I took a picture of everything she gave me... we would be here for days. The bag was maaaaassive, I kid you not) and some are products that I've tried before and looooved (and enjoy very much in their mini size, looking' at you Soap & Glory)  but there were also a few new items, and what better time to try some good looking products than on holiday, when you're so chilled and relaxed?


We'll start with Soap & Glory, as I'm already a big fan, and couldn't wait to get my hands on these lovely things. Clean on Me is one of my favourite creamy, foamy shower gels from them, and this cute little mini size is perfect for taking into the shower with me, saving me from lugging around those massive (but amazing) bottles. Next up is Bright Here, Bright Now, a brightening day moisturiser that is right up my street, because I think we all tend to wear less makeup on holiday, and if there's something to give you a boost of radiance, it's the glorious summer sunshine - but for us pale, undead esc people (skin tone wise, i'm talking now) you have to fake it, and this gives a kick of luminescence that I am very excited to give a full test. Same can be said for Glow Job as not only do they have incredibly good names for their products, it just seems like something I want to throw in my skincare bag and cart away with me to a foreign country. Well done, S&G.

Next, we have La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo + which I love a ridiculous amount, so there's no need to really talk about that. The Body Shop's Aloe Vera Protective Serum seemed like a wise choose for holiday, as even though I take very great care with my skin when it comes to the sun, it can also dry out and become quite sore, so this is going to be brilliant for soothing my skin, should the need arise (which i'm sure it will). Another moisturising product is Bioderma's Sebium Hydra cream, which i'm going to be keeping in my travel makeup bag, just for a top up of moisture throughout the day, and it's mini size is wonderful - I think if it really makes an impression, then I'll be getting a full size in City Pharma. Bee Kind is a new brand to me, but something I definitely didn't hesitate to put into my skincare bag, as on holiday, my skin does tend to dry out, but with it's honey and camomile extracts, this body lotion will be a handbag essential. 


A few more little essentials to go, and one of them is a mattifying moisturiser. All the moisturisers, I know, but you can never have too many, right? This one is from Una Brennan and part of the tea Flower range, which is targeted at those with oily/combination skin, and had aims to matte the skin and keep it that way whilst you're out and about, doing your thing. I'm going to be putting this to the test when I'm walking around in the (hopeful) heat, and will be writing back to let you all know what I think. The last products to mention, are two makeup items and one that will be a godsend in every type of weather. The latter has to be the Kleenex blotting powders. Shine is the baaaaaane of my made-up face, and it makes me feel so self conscious, so anything to keep the oiliness/shine away, is always of great importance to me. Rimmel's Stay Blushed and Eyeko's Skinny Eyeliner are two products that have crept their way into my makeup bag, and seem determined to stay for the trip across the channel to France, and who am I to refuse them? They'll be receiving a good test, and if they don't make the grade, then they'll be left to sit as I break out the Bourjois and Clinique for my cheeks, whilst Soap & Glory and Makeup Revolution will be on my eyes. 


I hope you enjoyed this little post, have you swapped any beauty/skincare with a friend recently? You should definitely check out Katie and her blog, KatiedoesBeauty as she wrote a little post about the products I gave her, and I'd love for you to have a read, and let us both know what you think. She a lovely, lovely person and has a wonderful blog, so definitely head on over there to give her a peruse. 



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never seen those Kleenex shine absorbing sheets! I wanna try them
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly that's quite the number of stuff! I've been wanting to try that Body Shop serum, Bioderma cream, and the Rimmel liquid blushes for a while now, but I've already acquired too many skincare products as of late, and I DON'T NEED A NEW BLUSH ;-;

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig