Monday 12 May 2014

Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polishes in 'China Flower' and Orange Melon'




I love a good nail polish and when Revlon bring out something new, I am there like a shot! These Parfumerie polishes are no exception (£6.49, here) - especially as they solve that question that no one ever really thought to ask; what if my nail polish smelt like fabulous things? Well Revlon, you've definitely given me something to ponder over. Me, being me, smelt one of the polishes right in the shop in the thought that they'd smell better in the bottle than most other polishes. Don't do that. It hurt my face. Never sniff nail polish from the bottle, it will give you that unpleasant repulsed face, complete with crinkled nose and an almost snarl on your lips. Yeah, just don't do it. 

Anyway, back to these little lovely things. I chose Ginger Melon, a gorgeous Dragon Fruit esc pink, and China Flower, a true orange red, a blood orange, if you will. Let's talk about the packaging. Oh my goodness, I try not to get too sucked in by a good looking product, but these are so divine, it makes me want to buy them all, line them up and just look adoringly at their sweet little bottles, complete with those little Parfumerie labels that make them look so expensive. I love the shape of the bottle, as well as the handle, which just feels right, when you're painting your nails. Usually the tops are quite straight and rectangular (apart from those amazing Bourjois ones) but these are spherical and complete the look, making them look far more expensive - so, to the untrained eye, they'd be something sitting on the dressing table of a very respectable lady, next to her perfume bottles of Chanel and Yves St Laurent


But now we should talk about the scent, the colour payoff and how long the polishes/enamels last, as those are the most important things, yes? Ginger Melon is something entirely fruity and sweet, like a little piece of candy that your grandmother would give you, and not only does that bring back fantastic memories for me, but it's a gorgeous smell. China Flower on the other hand, is something I can't quite describe. It's a bit floral, a bit spice, a bit musk - three elements which do ultimately work together. I only wish a 'Chine Flower' was a real thing, and that it was that colour - as not only would it be gorgeous, but it would have a very unusual scent, something to definitely make you think twice. Full opacity for me, was two coats of each with a brush that isn't too big or two small, and with the handle it was so easy to control without your fingers sliding down, or becoming sweaty... nail painting is a stressful job! These lasted a really good amount of time on my nails, considering I work in retail, also known as the death of a good manicure. I got a good five days out of these polishes before any noticeable chipping, and i'm so impressed with them. The scent lingers on the nails for some time, and becomes more mellow, at least two/three days worth of scent, depending on if your hands are in and out of water a lot. 

I'm so impressed with these, and definitely think a few more are needed to add to my collection of Revlon polishes (not that I really need any more...). I fancy the look of Lime Basil, African Tea Rose, Apricot Nectar, Watermint, Spun Sugar, Moonlight Woods, Lavender Soap and Surf Spray. I basically just want them all. They're so gorgeous and a perfect addition to my ever growing Revlon beauty collection. What shades do you have your eye on? xx


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The vintage look bottles are very pretty and is a nice attention to detail, plus the scents are really lovely! :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig