Monday 19 May 2014

Little TKMaxx Haul - Butter London and Burt's Bees.


I love having a good nose around TKMaxx, and since I became a beauty blogger, I've been far more interested in the beauty side of the store than the clothes and you know why? Because I've seen some really wonderful little treats in my local store, Butter London, Sally Hansen, OPI, Essie, YSL, Elizabeth Arden, Una Brennan, Korres, Burt's Bees, I could go on and on. My most recent wonder around the shop awarded me with these two little beauties. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream and Butter London Nail Polish in British Racing Green. The Burt's Bees cream smells like lemon curd and that is stuff dreams are made of, as I looooove lemon curd so much, as it's so zesty and yum. Makes me want lemon curd... or to eat the cuticle cream... which I won't do, I'll just buy some lemon curd (expect a tweet once I do actually buy a jar. I know how to live).

It goes on so lovely and creamy, making my cuticles look less dry and horrible, and it makes my fingers smell so nice... so it's pretty much all good. I can't stop smelling this stuff, it's ridiculous. It's so zesty and sweet, and I love it. It comes in such a cute little tin, that you twist and it's packaging is really lovely - citrus is always a massive selling point for me, anything lemon/lime esc is a winner, and there's a big chance i'm going to buy it if there's citrus in it. I picked it up for £2.99 in TKMaxx and i'm so chuffed that I did.


Next up is my Butter London polish in British Racing Green is such a gorgeous colour, and it makes me want a convertible Jaguar in that colour, whilst I wear driving gloves and the wing blows cinematically through my hair... we can all dream, right? But let's get back to the polish - it's one of those good ones; 3 free - no formaldehyde, no toluene and no DBP, making it a really natural one to wear on your nails, without worrying about it causing damage. It takes about two coats to be fully opaque and you can bet that this is going to get a proper review in my little Butter London centric post that will be posted soon. It's a gorgeous colour and it makes me want to be fabulous and flawless, y'know, more so than I usually am (; This was £4.99 in the shop and such a good brand for such a good price is all good by me. So I definitely recommend checking out TKMaxx for some little beauty products that will make your day. 



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love the beauty section in TK Maxx! I once found an Una Brennan primer for about a fiver! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good finds! I have the cuticle butter- smells amazing, and works great! I still haven't purchased a Butter London polish yet. Wonder what my first one will be? :D

    Blushing Biddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butter London in TK Maxx?! Ahhh so jealous!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig