Tuesday 13 May 2014

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+ Facial SPF


It's going to be Summertime soon (I hope) so it's time to properly break out the 50+ face SPF. Yeah, I do SPF 30 around wintertime, but Summer calls for some more effort, and that's where this little beauty comes in. It's not really more effort though, just... a higher SPF, and seeing as I'll be moseying off to France next month (only for a week, though), this is going to be taking pride of place in my skincare routine. La Roche-Posay are my current skin go-to's for all of it's ailments (stupid blemishes) and this has been with me since last summer, where it did it's job very, very well. Anthelios XL 50+ (£12.37, here) is in the formula of a 'dry touch gel-cream' which is perfect for my oily/combination skin as others will leave that somewhat oily residue, and make your skin feel tacky before you even put on your makeup, which is not a desirable look, in my opinion. It has double anti-shine and absorption, with an ultra-dry finish, which is more than us oily/combination lot can ask for. 

Using a 50 + SPF on my face is very important to me, as although I have very pale skin, it does tan well under the sun, or used to... to be honest, I haven't tanned for years. I don't mind using a lower SPF on my body, I tend to switch between 30+ and 50+, but I just don't like it on my face. On my holiday, I would gladly have my shoulders on display, but would constantly wear a hat to shield my face from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Don't get me wrong, I don't think going out in the sun is bad for you, on the contrary: Vitamin D is an essential to strong bones and good skin, but i'm all about moderation, and looking after your skin, especially your face. That's why this cream comes in so handy, as it protects my face, is targeted towards fair and sensitive skin (so if you have had issues with SPF before, this is where you should go next) and is completely hypoallergenic. My skin is sensitive, so much so, I never really realised how sensitive it was until a few products gave me terrible reactions (we'll talk about those in another post).

This cream is going to be a permeant attachment to my person this summer/when the sun actually comes out, and I cannot wait. It applied like a dream and gives you wonderful protection. I can apply it in the morning and reapply maybe once or twice more throughout the day, and under my straw hat, or whatever headwear i'm rocking that day, it gives me the best protection and is even waterproof, in case anyone wants to jump in the pool/lake/body of water. I would definitely recommend trying this out and letting me know what you this. Look out for this addition in my upcoming 'what i'm taking on holiday with me' post. What facial SPF's are you loving for summer? 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig