Sunday 16 November 2014

Dr Jart BB Cream: From Summer to Winter.

DRrJart BB Cream 1

You know when i'm having a good skin day, or a lazy makeup day... then this is what I go for. It's a BB Cream, which were huuuuuge in the Spring/Summer season, but why not take it into winter as well? It's light, moisturising with a kick of SPF 25 in it as well; skincare experts always say not to store away your SPF for Winter - it's still needed, but if you don't want to do the whole routine you did in the Summertime, then why not just use a BB Cream with built in protection, like this little beauty? I use this to give myself a bit of colour and glow when I'm wearing next to nothing on my face, aside from some concealer and my brows, as this cream is darker than my skin tone, but when rubbed into the skin, it's really not noticeable. So all you fellow pale faces out there, don't be scared. This does blend. But if you do find yourself totally put off by the colour, why not mix it with some light foundation, just to give you something a bit paler? I think it's totally worth an experiment. I'll just say, watch the tidemark on the jawline - I tend to use it in the centre of my face to add that certain glow.

This isn't the Balm from Dr Jart, instead, it's called Water Fuse which aims to slow down the process of water being lost from the skin. I don't really know about that, but my face does feel pretty plump all day, which can't be a bad thing, right? It gives a fab glow; glow and oily skin usually don't mix, as I'm all about the matte skin usually, but giving just a dab of power on my t-zone keeps me happy for a good six hours, before a little touchup is needed. This is pretty much lazy makeup - I may even stretch to curl my eyelashes and put mascara on - where you do your skincare routine, and then use three or four products just to make you look presentable. I like to have a few on if I'm having a lazy day, but bare skin and going out is totally a thing as well. I say, do what you feel. I bought this balm in the Summer, possibly even last year, when it was a big thing in the blogging world.. and aside from those warm months, it just sits in my makeup drawer, next to all my foundations, looking sad and alone. But not anymore. I'm going to embrace the lighter foundations and creams in a bit to come up with a look that suits me, whether out for the day or not. Dr Jart's Water Fuse Beauty Balm (£18, here) is having a second lease of life this season, and combined with some illuminating concealer, it's all aglow over here. Are there any foundations that you only wear for one or two seasons? And how to you change them up?

This BB Cream in the summer was worn with bright lips and glowing cheeks, but with the colder weather, it's worn with darkly smudged eyes and berry stained lips. Who says glow is only for when the sun comes out? It's the UK. We need to fake that glow. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig