Monday 3 November 2014

My work handbag - the small bag essentials.

My Bag 1

Now, I used to have the biggest work bag ever. But there were three very big problems that came with it. One; it was impossible to find anything in it. Two; it didn't ft in my locker in work without some serious stuffing, and thirdly, it used to weigh me down on my walks to and from work - leaving me with some aching shoulders and a slight miserable look before work had even started. So, enter the small 'I can't believe I can fit so much stuff in this bag' bag. It's from Primark, and I believe it was a Christmas present from...last year? I think. But anyway, it's so handy... basically a Mary Poppins bag in the sense I can fit so much into it - I can literally astound my work colleagues by pulling out, almost an entire beauty counter from my bag for some break-time touchups. 

I'm very into my primers, so I know my base is going to last all day - my mascara is waterproof and doesn't budge, so the only things that tend to suffer whilst I'm in work is my nails (retail life), my lips (lipstick fades when I talk to customers) and my scent... because let's face it, after a looooong day running around doing this and that, no one would smell good - so I make sure to stash some perfume in my bag for a quick spritz now and again; mainly so I don't repulse anyone. I picked up this little bottle of L'eau Rose from Next in their summer sale, and it's been a handbag staple ever since. It's such a shame they don't do it anymore, as I would have purchased about five of them. It's the kind of fragrance when everyone goes 'that smells so wonderful' whenever I spritz it on. A little ego boost is always a good thing when you're in for a long day. 

Onto the makeup. That's the most important thing, as injecting (not literally) some colour makes me look alive, more approachable and less 'is she okay? she looks really ill'...Nope, just naturally as pale as a ghost. So, I do lip products and then a little cheeky (literally this time) cream blush, because colour = not being mistaken for a member of the undead. First up is Maybelline's Colour Drama Lip Pencil (£4.99, here) in Nude Perfection because its the most perfect matte nude lip - so effortless to wear, and really chic. You don't have to worry so much about fading because it's a nude lip - that's the beauty of it. Next up is Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter in stick form, which I can't seem to find online... does anyone know where I can find it? For link purposes. Anyway, this gives a soft, sheer hit of colour whilst keeping the lips moisturised, and it gives you that hint of red, which I think glams up any look. Then we have Maxfactor's Miracle Touch Creamy Blusher (£6.99, here) which I pat onto my cheeks if I need that pinch of pink - I've also dabbed it on the lips, just for another wash of colour, and who doesn't love a good multitasking product? 

Last but not least, we've got Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (£5.99, here) which smells like lemon curd (omg yum), is thick and gorgeous when applied to the nails - my poor nails, retail tries its hardest to wreck them, but i'm trying to do my best to fight back. If I notice my nails are looking a big haggard, I rub this in gently when on my break, just so I have fresh, lemony scented fingers before going back onto the shop floor - I think it puts me in a better mood, but then again, anything lemon related puts me in an amazingly good mood. And a final cheeky mention to my Cath Kidston purse, which was a birthday present from my best friend, and has been present in every handbag of mine since my birthday in July. So this is everything aside from loads of receipts which I removed from my bag, because they just clutter everything up. What are your handbag essentials? Are you a big or a small bag kinda person? Let me know. 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. For uni, I'm a big bag kind of person because you gotta fit all those books and lecture notes in there :P But for normal days, I prefer carrying smaller bags because when I want to find something, I don't want to be rummaging around for ages!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - fashion, beauty + lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Maybelline lip pencils look incredible!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to use a large bag for work as I carry my laptop (plus charger) and lunch, aswell as my kindle, purse, keys, a mini make up bag, tissues etc. It's really heavy but that's generally down to my laptop and lunch! xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.treatyourskin.com/skin/lips/korres-lip-mandarin-butter-stick/?gclid=CPK2vtTZ4MECFVPJtAodJ18AQw#fo_c=61&fo_k=a29281de96940270cfbb2ab567dd62ce&fo_s=gplauk

    Treat your skin :)

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig