Monday 24 November 2014

Makeup Revolution 32 Shade Flawless Palette

Makeup Rev 1 

Makeup Rev 2 

It's taken me positively aaaages to try out all these shadows, and you know why? There are 32 of them. 32! In one palette. The mind boggles. This beauty, is Makeup Revolution's Flawless Palette* (£8, here) and was very kindly sent to me to try out a while ago, and it's only recently that I've finished trying out every shade. There's a lot of them in there. I'll name a few favourites of mine, so you can search them out in the swatches below. In terms of the palette to the swatches - I went downwards in the palette, and from left to right on my arm... no idea why, just thought I'd best explain before I carry on.

Makeup Rev 3
From top left to bottom right; Paper, Almost there, Smudge, Pure Chocolate, Soft glow, Uncover, Shimmer Heart and Raw. 

The pigmentation is generally fabulous over the course of the palette, from mattes to shimmers it covers it all and packs some serious looks that you can mix and match based on how you're feeling, or where you're off to that day. The shimmers for me, have the best look and are just something that you put on, and it's a 'wow' result - the colour payoff is just right, and as you can tell from the second picture of swatches, they're the ones which are my favourite for playful, strong looks. As the palette goes from left to right, it develops in colour, going from subtle mattes (nude smoky eye all the way) to strong shimmers (a bronze/burgundy eye is amazing) and then back to your more classic colours, perfect for that dark grey/black smoky eye. They seem to be grouped in sections of four that go together the best, such as the first line of swatches, which I use so often for a muted, yet smoked out look on the eyes. Paper all over the lid, Almost There washed over the lid with Smudge blended into the crease as well as the lash line to give definition, before adding in Pure Chocolate to give that pow! of darkness that I love having through the crease, to make the makeup more defined, as well as on top of Smudge on the lash line. Definition, but keeping it subtle is what it's all about for me with a nude/brown/bronze smoked eye.  

Below, we have some shimmers that are so pigmented you run the risk of ruining your look if you don't use them wisely. It's all about layers with these, I find. Layering colour to increase the impact is how I do things, and trust me, it really works. Two colours that I find work so well together, are Buff and Lowlite, as they're both very neutral, but still have that sublet colour and shimmer, that I think makes it so wearable for daytime -  to amp up the drama for daytime, Lowlite and Universal are another two shades that I think look gorgeous together. With Lowlite all over the lid, and Universal in the crease and the outer eye to give a deeper, darker look - I think it's perfect enough for the day to night look - flick on some black eyeliner, and you're good to go. 

Makeup Rev 4
From top left to bottom right; Buff, Barely Pink, Universal, Red Night, Highlite, Lowlite, Copper Shimmer and Molten Chocolate. 

Makeup Rev 5
From top left to bottom right; Angel, Golden Night, Medal, Burgundy Nights,  Unlimited, Gold Digger, Darkest Shimmer and Green Stars. 

Next up, I'm going to combine both of these pictures of swatches to tell you about a wonderful eye colour combination, and it's using Unlimited and Brew; the first being more taupe-esc, and the second more copper based, so together, they look gorgeous. Combined with perhaps a little Pure Chocolate in the crease, this look is a thumbs up from me; and I'd add that the shimmers alone is a reason why I would buy this palette, as they just present a gorgeous mix and match selection, which I think can get you through party season very easily. The matte colours are a bit more washy than the shimmers at first, but can easily be built up to increase the pigmentation payoff, and I'd warn about fall down, as no matter what eyeshadow it is, there are always those dreaded specks of shadow littering your perfect base, so remember to give that shadow brush a good tap on the handle with your index finger, to rid yourself of any fall down. 

What do you think of this palette? Is it something that'd peak your interest for party season? Which colours have caught your eye? 

Makeup Rev 6
From top left to bottom right; Brew, Cheerless, Tarnish, Cafe Noir, Silver Smoke, Blue Stars, Black Tie and Night.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. All of these shades look so, so beautiful in the pan!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this palette too, and I love it so so much. I just can't believe the quality is so good for so little xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the shades are really pretty! got pretty much all you'd ever need in one palette

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my £660+ huge xmas beauty giveaway, if you like! click here.

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig