Saturday 8 November 2014

Picture Wall Inspiration from Pinterest

framewall2
Image found here

Since moving from my tiny box room and into the bigger bedroom next to it when my brother moved out, I've been wanting to make it my own. Ideally, the walls would be white instead of dark grey, in order to let more light in... but I can't paint it anytime soon, so I'll just have to make do with 50 shades of grey on my walls. My brother chose the colour before he moved out...with black furniture, White would be better, but what can you do? Men and their silly choices. I already have two canvases on my wall, but I feel like I need more. I want that mismatched but together look - a mix of quotes, typography, prints and classic artwork. 

I love the idea of mixing colours, but finding a common theme, like in the picture below. It's a mishmash of fabulous things and I can't help but afmire it. There's also the idea of getting those thin ikea shelves, the ones that sit so close to the wall, so you can rearrange the artwork as often as you can like in the picture above - you can change things based on your mood, or whether there's a new piece in your collection. Do you have a feature gallery wall? What inspires you when you arrange pictures? 

framewall1
Image from here
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig