Friday 21 November 2014

Jurlique - my first impressions.

Jurlique Products 7

Jurlique are a relatively new discovery for my in terms of skincare, as even though I had seen it on other blogs and wanted to try it, I had no idea where to start... who ever does in terms of skincare? With so many products on offer, I was overwhelmed, but the lovely people who run their Twitter offered to send me some products, and I practically leapt out of my seat, emphatically typing 'YES PLEASE'. Claire, the lovely lady who I was talking to via their Twitter sent me some wonderful items, and I was pretty speechless when I opened the packaging - I feel so lucky to get to try some of their highly recommend products. So, wanna read some of my first impressions? Let's crack on with them!

Jurlique Products 5

Jurlique Products 8

First comes first, is their Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum *(£45, here) and the immediate reaction was 'ohmygosh this smells so good' with the scent of rose and all natural goodness, I was impressed. It smoothes onto the skin so well and absorbs without leaving your face feeling oily or weighed down, plus, the packaging is divine. Then we have Herbal Recovery Antioxident Gel Mask *(£40, here) which sounds quite strange to me, as I'm all about my clay and moisture masks, but this was designed to add hydration to the skin, whilst brightening it up and reducing signs of ageing. I'm actually quite impressed with this - I won't say too much, but I don't think I've ever had a gel mask during my proper skincare years (since I was eighteen) so this is quite exciting - and once again, the smell is so floral and gorgeous. Continuing on with the gel theme is the Rose Moisture Plus Revitalising Gel-Lotion with Antioxidant Complex *(£32, here) which sounds like a rather loooong name, but there's a lot of goodness to get into the title, so why not? The texture is exactly like they say 'silky water-gel emulsion', it's so light on the skin, but moisturising, definitely looking forward to spending more time with this product.

Jurlique Products 2

Jurlique Products 3

Next up, is the product that I had heard most about, and it's the cult, Rosewater Balancing Mist *(£16.50, here) and to be honest, it was the product I was so excited to try, and Twitter conversations with other bloggers had be abuzz with excitement over this mist. With my combination/oily skin, I'm very excited to see if it gives me that kick of hydration, like my other sprays do... but this one is rose scented, so I'm very excited to get to know this product. It just picks you up and gives you a hit of hydration. What's not to love so far? We also have the Balancing Foaming Cleanser *(£27.50, here) and I was quite dubious about using anything that foamed, as a certain cleanser that I used when I was 20/21 ruined my skin, and I mean ruined. Brought out so much dry skin, eczema and acne on my face, I couldn't believe it - so this Jurlique Cleanser is going to go through some serious testing, and if my skin doesn't react well, that's going to be that. I did however, test it (nervously) and I think it's quite creamy, non-drying and left my skin feeling soft. This is going to be, perhaps, very harshly looked at - cleansers always scare me, so I'll be reporting back. But so far, so good. Last, but not least, is the Rose Silk Finishing Powder *(£24.50, here) and it's something that blew my mind. Fancy finishing powder. I'm usually a 'matte it down' with Soap & Glory kinda girl, but this, as well as obviously smelling amazing, actually worked at finishing off my makeup and reduce shine.

Everything from Jurlique smells like heaven. It's just so fresh, and it reminds me of walking through gardens and garden of fresh flowers, when everything is starting to bloom during springtime. They're gorgeous, and I cannot wait to give you full reviews of these. I'm so excited. I hope you are too.

Jurlique Products 1

Jurlique Products 6
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have heart-eyed emoji face right now!
    Jurlique is a brand I've always wanted to try. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the cleanser!

    Ellis / ELRBX.COM x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try jurlique skincare for ages, everything looks and sounds fantastic x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore Jurlique, incredible products x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig