Monday 1 December 2014

Boots Haul featuring L'oreal, Botanics and Revlon

Boots Haul 1 

Boots Haul 2 

Who doesn't love a good Boots haul, right? I certainly do, and I know a looooot of bloggers, and beauty worshippers that do too, so let's just get right to it! Say hello to some of my newest purchases; L'Oreal's La Palette Nude in Rose (£14.99, here) and Lumi Magique Concealer (£8.49, here), Revlon's Bold Laquer by Grow Luscious Mascara (£9.99, here) and last but not least, Botanics Organic Rosewater toning Spritz (£4.99, here). All four were somewhat well thought out purchases, but I have to say, some are far more impressive than others. Take this fabulous palette for example. Look at it. Just look. It's gorgeous. A fabulous range of rose inspired colours, with a bit of shimmery glitter thrown in for good measure. This is basically what I'm reaching for each morning, when getting ready for work, as you can do something really subtle and clean, or deep and smoky - to be honest, both options are gorgeous and so easy to achieve with colours that blend really well. It's a very subtle palette, something you can happily wear in the day without fearing that your eye makeup looks 'too much'. This is a total thumbs up from me, and I can't wait to post a full review for you.

Boots Haul 3 

Boots Haul 4 

Boots Haul 5 

Below, we have another offering from L'Oreal, and it's their Lumi Magique Concealer, which I'm not going to lie... I don't really like all that much. I much prefer my Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer, as I think it just does so much more for me. This L'Oreal one illuminates, yes, but does little to cover my under eye bags, or prevent my mascara from smudging - it just doesn't do much for me compared to my old favourite, which I definitely think I'll be going back to. It might just be my oily/combination skin and my dark circles, but I don't think this even conceals anything well - for me, it's an illuminator, nothing more. Which is sad, because some big bloggers have raved about it - I think it just shows that not everything suits everyone, and you should definitely swatch/try before buying. 

My newest mascara addition is Revlon's Bold Laquer by Grow Luscious, which I really do like, as it's quite a dry formula, which I prefer, as I find it holds the curl more for me. Waterproof is the only thing that goes on my lashes and holds them upright in any way, shape or form - normal doesn't work for me, which is why all those amazing mascara's from Benefit etc do me no good, and are passed on to friends who have much better lashes than me. But back to this mascara. It's got a huge brush, which I love, as I just feel it packs on the product and holds the curl (which is painstakingly produced by my beloved Shu Uemura eyelash curler) - which is basically all I want in a mascara. Another thumbs up from me!

Lastly, we have a refreshing little spritz from Botanics, their Organic Rosewater Toning water, which I use in my double toning sequence, as the second spritz (after my Serozinc) and you wipe it away with a cotton pad, leaving the skin refreshed, ready for all the lotions and potions you use. For £4.99, I think it's a soothing and soft addition to my skincare routine, and I think anything with Rose in it, is always a benefit to the skin, as it soothes redness and skin inflammations. I'll be talking more about it, as well as the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist* (here), because I'm developing a massive Rose obsession. It just smells so good! What's a girl to do? I'll be posting in depth reviews about a few of these products, but not the Lumi Magique Concealer... unless you want me to compare it to the Collection Illuminating Concealer, which in my eyes, is so much better. Let me know if you fancy reading that review, and if there are any little hauls you made yourselves; what did you get? Anything that's really excited you?

Boots Haul 6 

Boots Haul 7 

Boots Haul 8 

Boots Haul 9
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That palette looks amazing! Also thanks for the tip with the Revlon mascara, looking for a decent waterproof mascara for holiday. Will take a look at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palette does look gorgeous and so good to get some more palettes from the drug store. I just picked up the Bourjois 1 seconde mascara which I love! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited by the fact that both Maybelline and L'Oreal have brought out bigger shadow palettes this year! I hope more brands start doing this.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig