Sunday 21 December 2014

Those last few Christmas purchases: Lindt Chocolate

Christmas Lindt 4


Christmas Lindt 3

Four days to go, the shops are closing... one important question. Do you have enough chocolate? The answer is no, because, in my opinion, you can never have too much chocolate. Stocking fillers, table presents, and even main presents themselves; Chocolate is the failsafe present, as mostly everyone likes it. But most chocolate is too everyday, too.. something you'd buy for yourself. But Lindt. Lindt is what most people assume to be special occasion chocolate (to be honest, i'd eat those chocolate bears every week if I could) and it does have that glitz and glamour about it, doesn't it? The chocolate bunny is for Easter, but for Christmas, it's gotta be the bear. Either big or small, the Lindt Chocolate Bear * (500g*, on sale £11.24, here or 50g*, on sale £2, here) this is a welcome addition to any present giving, whether popped into a few stockings, or wrapped up to give to someone special. I think chocolate is a brilliant way to give someone something special, as for most people, it's a luxury that everyone should have this time of year, so why not enjoy?

Christmas Lindt 1

Christmas Lindt 2

Chocolate is a wonderful present, but so is keeping it for yourself. Best kinda present, in my opinion. Why not treat yourself to a Mini Chocolate Santa * (On sale £2, here) whilst wrapping presents (something I will be doing later, as I haven't started.. and the panic will have me diving for these little guys) or pop a few into someones stocking. I think there is something universally wonderful and comforting about chocolate at Christmas time, as well as pulling a few oranges out of a stocking... y'know, just to get those five a day in-between eating everything chocolate related. Another little gift, you can put in someones stocking if it's big enough...(mine certainly is) is Lindt's Bear & Hearts * (£5.49, here) which I think may turn out to be one of this little sets that partners may gift to each other, as there's a bear and melting Lindor hearts... what's not to love about that? I think it just implies a certain about of affection. Could be the hearts, could be the bear - maybe it's just me and thinking Christmas is a very romantic time of year? Who knows? 

For me, Chocolate truffles are a very elegant way to give someone chocolate, as let's face it, they sound fancy, and they have that delicious melting texture...yum. So they're a fabulous way to give someone a present without looking like you just went 'that'll do' - I think a truffle is luxurious and thoughtful, so for that someone who has been a standout for you all year, treat them to a box of Lindor Milk & White Chocolate Truffles * (On sale £4, here) or Lindt Hello Christmas Party Mix * (On sale £3.74, here) - or even take them as a little treat to the host/hostess if you're attending a Christmas party, along with a bottle of something bubbly. I just love Christmas. Everyone brings chocolate and wine with them. Festive Spirit all around!

Christmas Lindt 5

Christmas Lindt 6

I don't think there's anything better than baking something chocolatey for Christmas, but I haven't had time to do anything this year, so I'll definitely be whipping up the Lindt Chocolate Mousse * (£2.99, here) and the Lindt Chocolate Lava Cake * (£5.99, here) for dessert, as although Christmas pudding usually rules the roost, I always feel like a change could be needed. These will be on standby *cough* for me *cough* incase anyone feels like a change...I'm not a fan of Christmas puddings myself, so this will be a little treat of those of us who feel like another, but much needed kick of chocolate. 'Tis the season, after all. For me, Christmas is all about family and friends, and enjoying food with them is one of my favourite things to do - making life easier by not having to make a pudding from scratch, or having a chat over some chocolates is totally allowed this time of year, especially for those who only have a few days off over the festive period. I think it's all about spoiling yourself, as well as others. Take some time for yourself, and remember, although it's always a very merry time of year, there are those who would appreciate a little chat and a chocolate - because it's the season for sharing; food, as well as thoughts and emotions. Happy Holidays to all my fabulous readers, and that includes you. Hugs and kisses for you. Remember, there are still a few days left for Christmas shopping, and all the products mentioned above are available in supermarkets, so if you don't have time to order online, and don't mind braving the shops, go for it. I hope you find everything you're looking for xx

Christmas Lindt 7

Christmas Lindt 8
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig