Monday 15 December 2014

W7 Cosmetics for Christmas

W7 Collection 1

W7 Collection 2

I was quite excited when this parcel arrived, W7 had sent me a few select products for Christmas, and as I hadn't tried anything from them for years I jumped at the offer. First impression; oooh colour and sparkle. Always a winner in my book. It's that time of the year, so what's Christmas without sparkle? Everything is pigmented really well, so much so, I was pleasantly surprised at how much pow! the Blusher Duo* packed - as look at that pinky red! (fifth from left) However, the swatch next to it (sixth left and before the lipstick) I thought was quite disappointing, but it really showed its true potential when applied to the cheekbones. Silly me. It was a highlighter that I wrote off until I used it as a highlight on the tops of my cheekbones. It's £4.95 and can be viewed on W7's website here

Next up is their Kiss Lipsticks Matt* in Sugar Lips (£4.95, here), and wow it's pink. I mean like seriously pink. Now, if you read this blog, you'll know that pink lipstick scares me. A deep pink is less scary that a light one, for me. Weird, huh? So this one took a bit of pep talk before wearing, and to be honest, I don't think I rocked the first wear... because it scared me so much. I actually took it off and went for a nude lip. For a beauty blogger, pale pink lipsticks really do scare me. I'm a bit of a coward like that - I'll wear it in my room, but not outside. So I think this lipstick needs a bit of guts for me to wear, but otherwise it applies really well and lasts for... well, it lasted for as long as I wore it, which was about half an hour, before I had to go outside. I'll update you on the length of wear... when I have enough guts to wear it for longer. Shame really, because it felt really lovely on. 

The product I was most excited about was perhaps the one you'd most expect - an eyeshadow palette. It's the Toasted Palette and although I couldn't find it on the website, it's £5.95 and a really coppery/metallic/brown palette, which I always love. I always think they look so gorgeous on every eye colour, and can be a subtle wash of colour, or blended to be smoky and fabulous - totally depending on your mood and where you're going. The first swatch on the left was a bit disappointing, as it looked gorgeous in the pan, but the other three certainly didn't disappoint. This for me, is a subtle wash of colour kinda palette and perfect for daytime, or even a soft look during the nighttime. A metallic bronze/copper smoky eye is totally my kinda look, so I think i'll be rocking this look from now on. Are there any W7 Cosmetics that you have your eye on? 

W7 Collection 3
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig