Monday 1 December 2014

Giving the gift of French Skincare

Christmas Gift French Ski 1

I know there are numerous gift guides out there, and whilst they're all amazing (who else has a wish list as long as their arm?), I wanted to do something a little different on OKK today, and instead, pick some French Skincare favourites, just in case anyone wanted to do a little beauty hamper for a mum/sibling/relative/friend who deserves some fabulous things from across the pond, this Christmas. Most of these purchases were made in Paris, but that doesn't mean that you have to leg it all the way over there, you can simply browse some fabulous sites that make ordering some top notch skincare, super easy. My favourite is Escentual (here), who are not only quick at delivering, but are offering some majorly lovely money off codes right now. You can also browse on FeelUnique (here), Space.NK. (here), Cult Beauty (here), Boots (here) and good ol' Marks & Spencer (here) for all your French skincare needs - don't be afraid to shop around for the best deals, as although it's Christmas, saving a little bit is always what we want, right? 

My picks are what I use, basically on a daily basis, and will readily admit to loving - so if you know someone who has oily skin, why not introduce them to La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo + and Serozinc, which not only help to soothe my skin, but also reduce blemishes and combat redness. What's not to love, right? Remaining with the oily skin type, there's also Bioderma Sebium, which is regular Bioderma, but especially for oily/combination skin, and is what I reach for basically every night. 

Moving on from skin types is Caudalie's Beauty Elixir, a cult product loved by the beauty community and myself alike; spritzing this over you skin, when wearing makeup or not, is very refreshing - like you've been given a new lease of life, despite the fact that you've been on your feet all day, and your foundation is looking a bit worse for wear. Another spray that I use to set my makeup, as well as tone the skin is Vichy's Eau Thermale, which is perfect even for the most sensitive skin type - can be used over makeup, or on bare skin, it's a do-it-all kinda product, and I love those types of things. Makes life so easy. Next up are four moisturising products, and I love them all so much, I simply had to put them into this little gift guide; first of all is Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse, another product that seems to do it all. A dry oil that can be applied to facial skin, your hair, your body and my personal favourite way of using it - scattering a few drops into a warm bath, to moisturise and soften the skin as you soak - this is a must have for me, and something anyone would love, regardless of gender. Plus, it smells amazing. Total win-win. A fellow Nuxe product, is Reve de Miel, a lip balm I cannot say enough good things about. It's a little pot of gold, skincare wise, as when you get those horribly chapped lips that no thing or person can solve, this is where you go. Smother it on the lips and watch it heal and moisturise. Another must have

The last two products are two moisturisers I seem to carry about with me whenever I go away for a few days, as not only are they easy and simple to use, but are brilliant at what they do, despite what's happening. La Roche-Posay's Cicaplast, which I hold in very high regard, as it's the only thing that seems to heal the skin on my face. Anyone remember that time a horrible eye cream gave me a massive blister under my eye? Well, this little beauty sorted it right out, and healed me in no time. Wonder product. Last, but not least, is Embryolisse's Lait-Crème Concentré, which I talked about yesterday in this post, and I loooove. It feels so luxurious and moisturising, an essential for dry skin types, and even an essential for oily skin, as long as you don't use too much and overload the skin. 

I hope you enjoyed this little post, as who wouldn't love a little basket full of lovely products? I think it shows not only some serious thought, but gives them the opportunity to try something that they may not have picked up for themselves, and I think that's what Christmas is wonderful for :)

Christmas Gift French Ski 2
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig