Sunday 21 December 2014

Discovering a New Brand: Le Couvent Des Minimes

LCDM 1

LCDM 2

LCDM 3

I am so excited, I can hardly control myself. Seriously. So excited. You know when you find a new brand and just love everything? Yeah, that kind of excited. Le Couvent Des Minimes is like the little sister of L'Occitane, and who doesn't love L'Occitane (but kinda wish it was a bit cheaper)? Well, this is French goodness at a more reasonable price, kind of an introduction to French skincare before taking that leap in the gorgeousness that is L'Occitane. But let's talk about LCDM. First, let me say it's available at the beauty bloggers mothership, Boots and can be found here. Yay. Secondly, it's all gorgeous. Gorgeous I tell you. I was very kindly sent the Cologne of the Cloisters * (£19, here), the Hikers Foot Healer Cream * (£4.75, here) and the Gardeners Hand Healer Cream * (£4.75, here) and just wow. The Cologne is fresh and uplifting, and the creams are basically all that is saving my hands and feet from being horrible lumps of dry, flaking skin (totally blame the horrible weather here). So let's get onto talking about them (always my favourite part).

LCDM 4

LCDM 6

LCDM 7

The first spritz of this and I just felt like Spring had arrived, despite the fact that I was sitting in my dressing gown, huddled up with a cup of tea. It's just so fresh and 'Ooh the roses are out and the sun is shining' - yes, it's making me long for warmer weather, but who are we kidding, it's Britain. It ain't gonna happen for a good few months now, so i'm content with this little beauty. It has one of those old fashioned 'I look good sat on your vanity table/I look like I've come from a vintage French Pharmacy' labels that I adore, a kind of hand made Victorian esc look that is totally up my street. That's something I've picked up about the range, the packaging has that 'days gone by' look about it, whilst still being fresh and desirable. One of the best things about the Cologne, aside from everything mentioned above, is that when it arrives and you take it out of the box, it has a screw top lid, which isn't the best for a perfume, but with it comes a little spray top that you twist on, and bam! sprayable perfume on the go! That was one of the additions that really impressed me, as they clearly took some time to look as the aesthetic aspects, as well as practicality. I for one, cannot get enough of this perfume, as I am getting so obsessed with the smell of roses - but for those who aren't a massive fan of the flower, I've also got my eyes on the Cologne of the Morning (£19, here) which sounds like citrus heaven to me (orange, lemon, basil and cedar). 

There are numerous notes to pick up from the fragrance, and when you reapply, I find that you pick out different scents. At the start, I was just getting Rose and a hint of something else; after much sniffing and pondering, I realised it was ginger with a very subtle hit of blackcurrant (my mum picked out the blackcurrant - she's amazing at identifying scents). As I wore it day after day (love it that much) I started to recognise a few more scents, as others would comment on it, and I realised (after a cheeky trip to a flower shop) that it was Peony. All of these combined just make it seem so fresh to wear, when usually this time of year is for heavy perfumes. 

LCDM 8

There are hand creams, but then there are thick hand creams, that sink in and leave your hands feeling nourished and cared for. This cream is the latter. I was quite surprised at the consistency, because it came out quite a bit thicker than expected, but the formula quickly put all my issues to rest, as this moisturised the dry bits and just nourished the skin, which has taken a bit of a battering with working in retail, and it being Winter (oh so cold). The first scent I got was Shea, and I looooove Shea as it just lets me know, almost subconsciously that some serious moisturising is about to happen (must be all of those years of using The Body Shop's Shea Body Butter). The cream just kinda enveloped the skin and a layer of nourishment, leaving me feeling so happy because the skin on my hands looked happy and healthy - it's a total win from me. The packaging has that amazing vintage feel to it, and with a squeeze tube, you can use as little or as much as you want. For £4.75, this is a total steal. Got any Boots points leftover or fancy a wonder product for under £5? Get this. You really will not regret it. (Let me know if you do get it, so we can gush about it).

And then last, but certainly not least, is the Hikers Foot Healer. This is a thinner, runnier texture than the hand cream, but packs no less punch. I prefer a thinner cream on my feet; it'll sink in quicker, so you can slather some on, and minutes later you can go - seriously, who wants to wait for 10 minutes for their foot moisturiser to sink in? I did actually take a picture of the product with my foot in the picture...I'm not necessarily weird about my feet... but it felt weird, y'know? Maybe one day. Perhaps summertime when it's acceptable to pry feet out of wooly socks and display then? Anyway, just because they are hidden behind thick socks doesn't mean you need to forget about them (I kinda did...poor feet). If you haven't got a lot of time to spend on massaging cream into your feet, I'd recommend applying this before you go to sleep, as with our faces, our skin absorbs moisture and all this good oils etc at night, so why not add a kick of moisture to your feet? This is a total must for me, so much so, I've stepped away (hehe) from my Soap & Glory foot cream, and have been using this numerous times a week. It's another must have from me. 

I am so impressed with LCDM, and I totally recommend them to everyone. I for one, cannot wait to get my hands on the Gardeners Hand Exfoliating Cleanser (£9.50, here), Botanical Recipe of the Morning Moisturiser (£7, here) and that glorious sounding Cologne of the Morning (mentioned above). Then again, I just want it all. All of it, I tell you. If you have tried any of their products/have any suggestions, please let me know. I am totally obsessed by them. 

LCDM 9

LCDM 13
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig