Tuesday 1 April 2014

March Monthly Favourites 2014



Yes, it's that wonderful time of month again, and surely I can't be the only one who loves to see what people are loving? I actually think that 'Monthly Favourites' spawn more purchases than day to day posts, as come on, someone is loving that item so much that it's in their favourites. And the items below, are what I have been loving.





First things first; skincare. I have developed this obsession with skincare over the past few months, and these are without a doubt, my products that tick all of the boxes. Una Brennan's Rose Hydrate Moisture Mask (on sale for £5.99 here) is amazing. It gives my skin that kick of moisture that it desperately needs twice a week, and I use this after my Una Brennan Pore Purifying Clay Mask (£5.99 also on sale here), I find the two work together very well. 

Two other related products are Sanctuary Spa's Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser (£7.00 on sale here) and Una Brennan's Neroli Pre-cleanse Facial Oil (£9.99 here). Now these two little beauties, are my dream cleansing routine. You've got the fresh feeling pre-cleanse oil, which melts away all of my makeup and then the hot cloth cleanser, which is so creamy, it leaves my skin feeling soft, clean and ready for all of my night products. These are two products that I only use at night, therefore they do last for a long time. The pre-cleanse oil is such a winner, my mother has incorporated it into her night routine - proving that it can work for all skin types, as well as different aged skin. 

Then we've got two new additions to my skincare collection, and although they haven't been with me for the entire month, they have completely earned their places. First off, is Nuxe's Reve De Miel Lipbalm for Dry and Chapped Lips (here £9.50). Oh my god. I am in love. This is the best thing to happen to my dry lips since I discovered Korres' Lip Butters. This was a blogger favourite, and I knew it had to be added to my online shopping basket on Escentual, when they had their massive 1/3 Off French Pharmacy offer. Ugh. I love it so much, I regularly tweet Nuxe, expressing my love for it. Seriously. This is it for me and lip balms. Another French Pharmacy purchase, is Caudalie's Beauty Elixr (here for £10.90) which I spritz on my skin with after toning with my La Roche-Posay Serozinc spray. The smell is divine and it's said to boost radiance in the skin, which I totally agree with; I also give myself a quick spray whenever I need a 'pick-me-up' as it's just so damn refreshing. 



My last two little skincare bits, are my Trilogy Rosehip Oil and Soap & Glory's Hand Food, both of which have been saving me from having some seriously dry, scaly looking skin. The Trilogy Oil was a product which I loved so much as soon as I started using it, and my full review can be seen here. With my face sorted, my hands took a considerable hit with all the cold weather we've been having, and nothing has salvaged it like this hand cream. It's creamy, nourishing and you only need a small amount of product; this is something I slather on whenever my hands need a bit of love, and especially at night when I'm about to go to sleep. They say that your hands show your age, and although I'm still quite young, I intend to look after my hands so that they stay as young looking as my face (did I mention everyone thinks I look younger because of my face?)


Onto the makeup - and it's all that perfect look. The MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter for that pearl, glimmering, 'i'm so healthy, just look at me' glow. Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint Concealer for that flawless base, which for me, includes quite a bit of concealing. Revlon's Lash Potion Mascara is a big love for me, and gives my lashes that plump, voluminous look whilst still holding that curl, and that's very difficult for me and my incredibly straight lashes. Next, we have Barbara Daly's Longwear Eyeshadow Stick in Shell and Sand (which can be purchased from Tesco here). I've always been a big fan of the quality of Barbara Daly's products, and I cannot resist having a snoop around whenever I pop into my local Tesco, and these little beauties happened to jump out at me - and the quality, as well as the staying power, is ridiculously good. These two are getting a review all on their own. So, watch this space. 


My two choice lip products have to be the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms in Striking and Standout. Ugh. These lips products are amazing, but you know that already, right? Bloggers have gone crazy for these lip products and their matte finish, it's something dreams are made of. I used to think there was something terrifying about bright red lips, but now show me a bright matte red lip, and I'm there faster than you can say 'Oh, these smell minty' (which they do, fyi). I will obsess about these in a review I'll be posting in the next few days. I love them, but I'll talk more about why in their own post, where I can fawn and it not be a bit weird... it's not weird, is it?

So, these have been my monthly favourites, and I can safely say, yes, I would tell anyone to get any of these products, because I love them a ridiculous amount. If you're looking for something similar to one of these, and haven't been fully sold by my post, drop me an email, or a tweet (@ohkalukalay) and we'll chat all about it. What products have you been loving this month?



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. After looking at the 'Undress Your Skin Highlighter' I was so surprised to see that it was an MUA product! Whilst their products can be wonderful, this particular highlighter just looks to die for - definitely will have to go and check it out now! :P

    Also just started following you on twitter and I'm loving you already! @hannahdelacour4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fabulous product! It's just so glowy and pearly, which is perfect for me as I adore it teaming with a subtle blush - it just looks so glowy, and I do love a bit of glow (: hehe. I would definitely recommend going to try it out, I really hope that you love it as much as I do (:

      That's so kind of you! I hope you continue to love everything you see on here (:

      xx

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try Hand Food for ages. Will definitely have to give it, and the Trilogy Oil a whirl! x
    How does the oil work for dry patches and flakiness?

    Angi~
    iidifferentworlds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand Food is such a good product, and the smell is divine, especially if you're a Soap & Glory fan already (: The Trilogy oil is so good, and although I don't generally suffer from flakiness, I do get dry patches now and again, and the oil really sorts them out. I tend to get them just above my eyebrows and this really nourishes them. I'd really recommend you sampling it, just to see if it works for you (:

      xx

      Delete
  3. I had been looking for a facial oil for a while and have now just ordered the Una Brennan's Neroli Pre-cleanse Facial Oil! Brilliant post :)

    beautyfullsparx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that you love it, as I adore it solo much <3 It's become an absolute go to for me in my cleansing routine <3

      Thank you so much. I hope you like my others just as much (:

      xx

      Delete
  4. your have such great photography skills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say! Thank you so much lovely lady <3

      xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig