Saturday 19 April 2014

No7 Pop & Glow Cream Blushes



Now, when I first saw these, I was like 'yes!'. These are the blush equivalent of the highlighter stick that I fell in love with around Christmastime last year, so with the fabulous spring/summer colours and armed with a No7 voucher or two, these Pop & Glow (£9.95 here) blushes had to be mine. With a creamy formula that goes from cream blush, to an almost velvety powder on the skin - these blushes give that subtle flush of colour without being too much

I have seen people applying this straight to their face from the bullet, and I thought 'why not?' but it's a big no-no from me, as it just stripped away my foundation (I blame the oily/combination skin). So I apply it by either swatching it on the back of my hand and then blending onto the cheeks, or rubbing my fingers on the product and then blending straight away; depending, really, on how much time I have to apply my makeup, or if I want a touch-up on the go. 

The packaging is gorgeous; i'm a huuuuge fan of metallics with that pop of colour (aptly named Pop & Glow, right?) and it's very sturdy, there's no need to worry about it falling apart in your makeup bag as you carry it around all day. The texture, as I mentioned above, is divine. It's so soft and creamy, but then it's velvet powder on the skin, so you know the staying power is going to be good. It provides all day colour, but with most makeup, a bit of touching up halfway through the day is always appreciated, as I wore Rose Blossom (the lighter pink) on a double shift (12 hours *shudders*) and although I touched it up in the middle of the day, it still held strong and made me look alive; something I always appreciate. 


They swatch really true to the colour of the packaging, but once blended, they become these subtle, extremely wearable, build able colours - and I for one, am a massive fan. Classic Rose (the darker pink) and Rose Blossom (the lighter) are my chosen pinks, and when combined with a pink stained lip and a flick of liquid liner, these are gorgeous. But I for one know that they will be glorious, regardless of skin colour/skin age, as I love them, and so does my mum. The swatches below are the best example of the colour pay off. From right to left, you have Classic Rose straight from the bullet, then blended with my fingers. Then you have Rose Blossom applied straight with no smudging, and then the blended swatch next to it. As you can see, the colours can be bright and summery, but also so subtle and romantic. These colours built up not only give greater pop's of pink, but they do have that glow about them, making these Pop & Glow blushes amazing products, and I cannot stop wearing them.

Have you tried these blushes? What are your favourite No7 Products?



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love these blushes, they remind me of a ruby&Millie face gloss stick I used to love years ago.The packaging is so pretty too..couldnt resist buying them x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig