Tuesday 15 April 2014

The Soap & Glory Face



I'm a big Soap & Glory fan (can you tell from the amount of products that I have?) as not only are their body products my go-to for showers and baths... general bathing has got S&G written all over it, but today, so has my face. Aside from a few key products that I have yet to cover (brow product, mascara, primer and concealer) everything else is totally retro-ed up (gotta love that packaging). It's safe to assume that all of the face products are in the palest possible shades, whilst the powders are translucent and the lip products (wow) are a delicious berry colour that I cannot get enough of. 


For the base, I primed my skin using Revlon's Photofinish Primer and allowed that to skink into the skin for about 30 seconds, before applying Show Good Face in 'Fairest of them all' (£11 here). Now, as far as foundation names go, it's pretty much the bee's knees. Now after applying this with my Real Techniques buffing brush, I used my concealer of choice, and lately, that has been Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint (I love it so much, it's ridiculous). So, after everything that needs hiding has been concealed, I went onto the brows (in which I used my MUA Brow Palette), then the eyes.

I'm a huuuuge fan of Black Liquid Eyeliner, so Supercat Eyeliner Pen Carbon Black Extreme (£6 here) was right up my street, and it's sooo black. I usually start, eyeliner wise, in the middle of the eye, and draw a thin line, close to the lashes; this helps me determine what kind of look I want for the day. It usually depends on how dramatic I want the liner to look, and this makeup was about a very thick cat-eye with a subtle flick at the end; I like mixing it up with a thick line and a small flick, or a thin line and a dramatic flick. It's all about the mood for the day. The pen is so easy to use and can be built up for a subtle or dramatic look - whichever i'm favouring at that moment. It lasts pretty much all day, in my experience, and if it can survive an 8 - 8 shift, then this is something to definitely consider looking at. I didn't add anything eye to the eye except my old faithful mascara, L'oreal's Telescopic in waterproof black after curling my lashes with my Shu Umuera curlers and Avon's Supershock Eyeliner on the inside of the eye, to make things a bit brighter. 


Back to the skin; to get that glow I used Glow all Out Luminizing face Powder (£11 here) as a highlighter on the cheekbones and blended into the hairline, and just where I thought a bit of colour would be appreciated. Mainly because I'm so pale, I tend to use it in certain places, and not as an all over powder, but it can be used for that; with it's Luminospheres pigment pearls, it's a sublet but very effective powder that provides a very dewy glow, perfect for pale skin, as well as darker skin tones. 

As I was going for quite a natural, glowy look, I only used an additional touch of contour through the hollows of my cheeks (Sleek's Face Contour Kit), and then moved onto the powders. I do love a good powder, and the offerings from Soap & Glory are definitely some of my favourites. First applied is Kick Ass Instant Retouch Powder (£12 here), all over the face with a fluffy face brush, and this gives the most flawless finish, setting the foundation and concealing any shine or blemishes missed. This powder is translucent, and just gives a gorgeous 'finished look' to the face, making everything look fabulous, but still not concealing the glow we worked so hard (well, not really, it was easy) to achieve. The last of the powder products, is One Heck of a Blot and this is dusted very lightly over the T-zone, to eliminate shine; shine and glow are completely different things, but my mum thinks I look good either way, so win-win?


Finally, on to the lips! First layer of colour goodness goes to Super Colour Fabulipstick Powdercoat (which is a rather long name, if you ask me) in the shade Pom Pom (£9 here). It's hailed as a 'traffic-stopping pomegranate pink' which I quite agree with (except for the traffic-stopping... that happen to anyone?) as it's a gorgeous colour, with a matte finish and collagen boosting formula to tone and plump the lips. Now, my lips are quite full, so plumping isn't necessarily an issue, but I really did enjoy the way this felt on the lips, as not only did it glide across the surface, but held it's colour for a good amount of time before touching up was needed (three hours or so). However, in the pictures taken, I've slicked a bit of gloss on top, Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick (£8 here) to be exact. It's in the shade Plum Jam and looks glorious on top of Pom Pom (a perfect match, if I do say so myself) - I'm not a gloss person. At all. They always feel too sticky and your hair gets caught in them... it's a bit no-no from me. But! (you knew there was a but coming, right?) this is different! It doesn't really feel sticky at all, and it glides across the lips, giving a kick of colour to bare/or lips that already have product on. The stick allows for easy application for touchups on the go, and like all of their products, have darling packaging.

I'm a sucker for all things retro, and they don't come better than Soap & Glory. So, this was a little product focus, despite interjecting a few non S&G items and this is the first proper appearance of my face in a blog post. I know. Ah well, go big, or go home, right? (Kinda silly really, because the picture of my face is huge.. and i'm home already...) any who! Let me know which Soap & Glory products you use on your face, and why I need to have them (gotta expand on my collection *winkwink*).


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. One heck of a blot is a great powder :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, isn't it? It's completely gorgeous and one of my 'I can't live without you' products. So glad that you love it too (: xx

      Delete
  2. Hey, I enjoyed reading this post, great job! I have never tried any Soap & Glory products but will definitely want to try the Super Color Fabulipstick as the color on you looks pretty and the Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick.
    Glow all out luminizing face powder is also another item that I'm interested to try. Thanks for sharing your love for S&G. Xxx
    Sincerely Renny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much lovely! That means a lot to me <3 I really recommend trying them, as they're really good quality, despite being really well known for their body products. They're definitely worth look at, especially if they're on '3 for 2' at Boots (:

      The colours are really gorgeous, and thank you so much for your lovely words (: I think the 'Glow all out' is a must have product, as it's not too pearl like, therefore looks quite natural and gives a good flush to the skin (:

      Thank you so much for reading and leaving a lovely comment <3

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I like that lip colour. No, correction.
    I LOVE that lip colour.

    xo.
    Priscilla
    www.oliviaandjae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous colour, isn't it? Totally worth checking it out in real life, the lipstick and the gloss stick (:

      <3 xx

      Delete
  4. I love Soap&Glory! they are the few makeup bits that I buy again and again.I love the gloss sticks too especially Bashful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a fabulous brand, aren't they? What products from them are your repurchases? I always love knowing what other people love and buy (: I love the look of bashful, it may be on my 'to be purchased list' hehe <3

      xx

      Delete
  5. Great post and loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig