Wednesday 16 April 2014

This Works' Sleeping Partners



I'm a big fan of sleep, but then again, who isn't? There's nothing like slipping into bed and cuddling up, ready for a good night's sleep; more often than not, however, I still wake up tired and feeling like I could sleep for another few hours (or days). That's where This Works comes in. I always fancied the idea of these products, but never thought my sleeping was that bad. The thing is, the first night I used this (in my best friends house, on a mattress that felt like a cloud) I had one of the best nights sleep I have ever had, despite going to sleep at 3 or so am, and having one or two drinks. I woke up so refreshed and ready for the day, which only generally tends to happen when I go to bed early. 3am is not early... well, depending on how you look at it, really. 

It's not something that will make you sleep if you're suffering from problems in that sense, but the idea is to relax you to a point where you will just drift off to the land of nod. I think it's all due to the scent of lavender and camomile, which is just ugh, amazing; but if you're not a fan, then I think you should turn away right now, as this isn't going to be your thing. 


These came in two different sets, that I picked up after Christmas, in the January sales, but I couldn't not use the larger box (below) of the two, which housed; the Deep Sleep Night Oil (£25 here) and the Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (£16 here). Whereas the smaller of the two sets contained the Sleep Balm (£12 here) and the Deep Sleep Dream Cream (£18 here). 

These products are quite interchangeable, despite coming in two separate sets and can be used based on what you fancy, rather than what you have. Like after a bath, I'd use the night oil and the pillow spray, completely forgoing the sleep balm as it would be completely counterproductive, as not only does the oil have a strong scent of lavender (some would think it quite overpowering if lavender isn't your thing), it permeates and relaxes you instantly, so much so, nothing else is needed. 

The Sleep Balm is one of my favourites, as not only can you rub some on your pulse points, but can also be used to solve the problem of dry cuticles. It's a subtle scent; something that can be worn at any time of day, not necessarily at night (it's just divine and soft and I love it). Due to it's small packaging, it can be carried around with you easily, especially when travelling, as the small pot is definitely not going to weigh down your skincare or makeup bag. 

One of the things I love about these products, is that although the scent may be strong as first, it however softens and becomes the most divine scent. The Night Oil and Dream Cream are both easily absorbed into the skin, making them easy to apply before slipping straight into bed for a good nights sleep, especially when combined with the Pillow Spray which only takes one or two light mists on the pillow/duvet to cocoon you in a blissful lavender heaven.

The only thing that really turns me off about these products, is the price. Yes, I got them on sale, but individually, full price is a bit steep for me. So I would recommend, but not unless they're on offer, or on sale. That is unless you're totally comfortable paying full price for them; in that case, each to their own (you go girl/boy!). Have you tried any products from This Works?



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. It seems like a great kit, but the products are a bit more pricy than I'd like... :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fab products, but yeah, the price was what put me off in the first place :( but i'd totally recommend if they're ever on offer (: xx

      Delete
  2. Everyone talks about that spray- if I could find it on sale, maybe I'd bite. Regardless, great post!

    blushingbiddies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, definitely keep an eye out for it (: hehe, thank you sweetie <3 xx

      Delete
  3. This is so talked about! I'm not really into the "sleepy scents" but this sounds so good I'll have to try it before ditching it!

    Kat B - Katience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it's totally worth trying, if not for anything else than saying 'yeah, i've smelt it' hehe. i think it's just so relaxing when you need a good nights sleep (:

      xx

      Delete
  4. I would love to try the spray but the price puts me off, but I might indulge myself as I hear so much about the products x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as a treat, i totally would! i only really purchased these because they were on sale, and i had christmas gift vouchers to spend (: hehe

      xx

      Delete
  5. The pillow spray sounds fab... I love the scent of lavender :)

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig