Monday 16 March 2015

Collection Makeup Haul and Swatches

Collection makeup haul 1

Collection makeup haul 2

Collection makeup haul 3

Collection makeup haul 4

Everyone likes a good haul, don't they? I certainly do, and these products don't let me down at all. It was a haulage totally inspired by the amazing Vicki from Let's talk beauty (here) as she posted about the amazing Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude Bronze (Currently £2.99, here) as well as the Work the Colour Lip Butter (£2.99, here), so I though... yes, I need. While I was there, a few other bits and pieces caught my eye, because you know... two of them were sparkly and the other... well, who doesn't love a good natural palette? I certainly do, and I know a good amount of bloggers that cannot say no to another neutral palette, because we cane never have too many, right? Especially when the formula's are amazing, and at less than £5 each, they're a steal - so if you're in the market, I say go for it. Seriously, the swatches will sway you. 

This is only going to be a quick little post, so the swatches aren't as amazing as I'd like them to be, but I'm sure once they get a post, all on their own, those eyeshadow palettes will sell themselves. Currently, they were just swatched to show the difference between the two palettes, as well as the lip butter and glitter eyeliners. The eyeshadows are lovely and soft on application, and whereas the Nude Palette is matte, the Nude Bronze Palette includes shimmer, so based on mood, you can go for either, or even mix and match - as although the second palette has that slightly more copper based set of colours, they would look divine blended into the crease and lash line of a champagne/taupe matte base. Plus, for £2.99 each, at the moment, these are a steal for less than £10, and there's still a bit left over to purchase a gorgeously soft lip butter. The shade is Vintage Rose and that colour is totally up my street - I do love a good classic deep pink, especially with a formula that just glides on the lips. I'm very impressed, and definitely looking into the two other shades.


Last, but not least, are my two Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liners in Va Va Voom (the turquoise, almost teal blue with glitter) and Dig It (the gold with glitter) (£2.99, here) and these two just bring a bit of sparkle to any look, and combined with a simple eyeshadow, these certainly pop. Who doesn't love a bit of glitter, after all? What are your most Collection purchases? Has anything from their new releases caught your eye? 


Collection makeup haul 5

Collection makeup haul 6
Top row is the Collection Uncovered Palette in Nude, and on the bottom is Collection's Uncovered Palette in Nude Bronze. Both well pigmented, and a very good array of pale/light neutral shades on top before starting with a soft champagne, copper and gold on the bottom. 

In the below picture, the top row is the Uncovered Palette in Nude - which continues on with soft taupe colours before going into a darker brown, which makes a good change from having a charcoal/black. On the bottom row we have the Uncovered Palette in Nude Bronze, as we can see them darkening into bronze and rust esc shades. 
Collection makeup haul 7
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love Collection, I think they're such an underrated brand in general! I've very rarely been disappointed with a product from them. These palettes look lovely, but I've already got a million and one eyeshadow palettes, I'm gonna need another house just for them soon!

    Maxine, xo
    http://maxinewhitneyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eye palettes look so lovely and I have heard so many incredible things about them!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love the look of the eye palettes, i've heard so much about them and i really want to pick them up (although i have a tendency to pick up eyeshadow palettes whenever i go to boots or superdrug so i'm not in desperate need haha) - great haul!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig