Wednesday 25 March 2015

Jurlique Week: Rose Silk Finishing Powder

Jurlique rose powder 1 

Jurlique rose powder 2 

If like me, then you never really saw the draw of loose powders. They looked messy and if the packaging opened, then it would be a powder disaster -which isn't really what I wanted, so I stuck with pressed powders, and whilst they were heavy on the skin, they kept me relatively shine free. However, this was before I tried Jurlique's Rose Silk Finishing Powder* (£26, here) which is completely translucent and light on the skin, and it made me wonder why I was ever scared to use them in the first place. The scent of rose is distinctive, as it has been with my previous two reviews, the Herbal Recovery Serum (here) and the Rosewater mist (here) but it's not a false, synthetic floral smell - it's divinely natural, as if you were walking through a rose garden. 

It's held within sturdy packaging, so no need for heart palpitations every time you open it, and there's also a wonderful little sponge to sit on top of the little holes that release the powder, so that there is no waste or product influx when travelling. I was really surprised at how little product was actually needed, as I tend to press my powder brush over the holes, tip the product slightly so that product covers the brush and then sweep it all over the skin, leaving it looking smooth whilst keeping shine at bay. It's targeted for normal skin, but it does really well on my combination/oily skin, leaving it matte and ready for the day ahead. It leaves the skin feeling silky and looking refined, whether applied over foundation for an all day flawless look, or just dusted over a primer, for those lazy days where you need a little bit of something, but nothing too heavy. I also use it on my collar bone as well, as I just think it looks and feels so luxurious to dust something over my décolletage, (like I'm in a black and white movie or something) as it gives a wonderful glow to the skin, especially when you want to draw attention to that area of your skin.

In my research of this product, I had a good nose at Jurlique's Instagram feed, and what popped up was a highly commended award from Tatler saying that the product is 'so glow-enchancing you'll want to dust it everywhere' and believe me, I do. I see myself taking this on holiday, and dusting a small amount over my collarbone, shoulders and shinbones to that the Turkish heat won't get the best of me. It may make my hair frizz, but it's not going to make me look any less glamorous. It's going to give a light, silky feel to the skin, which is not only perfect for this climate, but for considerably hotter ones as even though I'll surely be sweating due to the heat, I'm going to try and look as chilled out and relaxed as possible, so this is going to be a 'must-pack' product. In the cold weather that we have here in the UK, this powder lasts all day, and I often find myself forgetting that it's on, as it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any powder on the skin, as I know some can feel quite heavy. Have you tried this rose scented loose powder? Are you a fan of loose powders? 

Jurlique rose powder 3

Jurlique rose powder 4
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig