Wednesday 18 March 2015

New CID Cosmetics i-gel Eye Liner Trio in Bronze, Copper and Stone.

CID eyes 4 CID eyes 1 CID eyes 2

When I think about eye makeup, gel eyeliner isn't the first thing that pops into my head, despite how long wearing and creamy it is. I suppose, I look at my liquid eyeliner pen and ponder if there is anything better (because trust me, I find liquid liner very difficult, and have not long mastered the feline flick); I'm not saying gel eyeliner is better, because each to their own, but it's different - and really, surprisingly, easy to use. New CID Cosmetics i-gel Eye Liner Trio* is creamy and packed with pigment. I wasn't expecting such an amazing formula, that is creamy when applied, but then dries and is basically there for the day, despite accidentally rubbing my eyes after coming back from a long day at work. I hate it when that happens, because usually it's a disaster - eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow going everywhere (under my eyes and over my hands.. nightmare). Basically, I look like I've just gotten home from a night on the town, after which I crashed on someone's sofa and didn't take my makeup off. I really do hate it when that happens. But back to this eyeliner trio, and at £21 (here) for three gel liners, I don't think that's an inappropriate price at all, considering the choice of colour available, as well as their ability to blend together, so an ombre gel liner look is totally on the cards when I have some time and a stead hand. 

It comes with a small liner brush, which has a flat tip, much to the difference of usual eyeliner brushes, which are usually tapered for easier usage. For me, I really do like the idea of the brush and find it easy to use, but perhaps that's because I had time to play and get it right - if you're in a rush, keep to what you know, and use that brush. They do create rather blunt lines, as seen in the swatches below, but with some angling, the bluntness can easily be used to create a much thinner line. Keep your hand steady though - resting my elbow on a flat surface usually helps me. As you can see in the last image, the formulas look smooth an blendable, to which they totally are. They glide across the skin, making it so simple to apply - as I find drier products tend to drag on the eyelid, which is not only uncomfortable, but makes it even harder to get that perfect line. With a creamy formula and stiff brush, this is basically a match made in gel liner heaven. 

Another brilliant thing about this trio, is the packaging. New CID Cosmetics have totally nailed their packaging, with a lid that protects the gel from drying out, but not only that, i think it makes the entire product look so much neater and expensive. Plus, I think there's something oddly satisfying about pressing the protective lid down, like 'I dare you gel liners to dry out now hahaha' kinda thing, but maybe that's just me? I do get a bit too into my makeup sometimes. In addition, I am very impressed with the formula and lasting time of this product, as well as the little mirror which is perfect if you need a quick glance to make sure everything is in tip top condition - which it so will be, because these babies don't move on my lids. I will say that, if you have oily lids, a primer wouldn't be a terrible idea, just incase you worry about transfer to the brow bone. Have you tried anything from New CID Cosmetics

CID eyes 3 CID eyes 4

The swatches, from top to bottom; Copper, Bronze and Stone.

CID eyes 5
SHARE:

1 comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig