Tuesday 31 March 2015

Jurlique Week continued: Rose Moisture Plus Gel-lotion

Jurlique gel moisturiser 1 Jurlique gel moisturiser 2

Sorry for not posting this last week, but of course, something came up and left me unable to post anything - I like to call it, 'no time to do anything except sleep' as work was hectic, as was the overtime and then travelling loads with my boyfriend (to watch him race) really exhausted both of us, but now, I'm back (Shady's back, tell a friend). So, in continuation of Jurlique week, we've got one of my favourite products from them. For me, this is a super bouncy, light weight gel formula that locks in moisture, as well as blissfully smelling like roses making everything seem so calm and soft, even when it isn't, and you're practically slapping this on, before applying concealer and running out the door late for work. Yeah, we've all been there. The formula of this is very similar to Korres' 24 hour Wild Rose moisturiser for oily skin, in the sense that it has that super light, almost whipped bouncy texture that applies like a cloud on the skin. It also has all those lovely little antioxidants in there, making the skin feel smooth and soft, as well as moisturising and protecting against the harshness of the environment - which if you live in a busy town/city, then you know all about. 

Jurlique's Rose Moisture Plus Revitalising Gel-lotion with Antioxident Complex* (whoa that's a long one) is £32 (here) and lasts so amazingly long, I can't believe that I'm barely half way through, five months into it.. such wonderful value if you look at the long term. I think it lasts so long because of the super light-weight, but hydrating formula, which you smooth onto the skin in a thin layer and that does the job perfectly. There's no need for thick layers of this stuff, as an even coating moisturises the skin so well, so no waste and an even longer lasting pot, brilliant right? The packaging, is very durable glass, with a screw top lid, with an inner lid, just to stop any spillages - and there's something to expensive feeling about it, perhaps it's the weight of it in your hand, or the matte black lid with the Jurlique logo. Everything about it says that it should cost a lot more than it does, and although I'm usually one for High Street moisturisers, this is a wonderful product that I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase. Along with the other Jurlique products that I've reviewed, this moisturiser is rose scented,  full of essential oils and goodness that my skin loves. Even when I'm having a lazy skin day, I just break out some of my Jurlique products and that's it done, cleansed, moisturised and ready for whatever I do, even if I decide to pop out with a bit of concealer on top, my skin just feels smooth and nourished. This is a winner for me, and definitely a product that I'll be taking with me on my holiday in May. Light, silky and brightening, what more could I want from a morning/day moisturiser? (some do apply it during the night-time, but I think I'm far too attached to my Soap&Glory Beauty Sleep Accelerator to change, even though I've applied it to my boyfriends skin in the evening, and his skin drinks it up). Is the scent or rose right up your street? What moisturiser are you using right now? 

Jurlique gel moisturiser 3 Jurlique gel moisturiser 4
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I might give this a go, it looks fantastic! :)

    aymielouise.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig