Wednesday 25 March 2015

March; the life update, and three lists of five things.

Estee Lauder ANS 2

Well, March is coming to a close and I cannot believe that Spring has sprung, and we're nearing April already. I don't think I'm ready for all those April showers, just yet. This month has been a mix of recovery, and spending time with friends as well as some blogging thrown in, because by damn I missed it when I was injured and couldn't hold a camera, or type properly. I did however discover so many amazing blogs, because I did a lot of reading and admiring of bloggers, their wonderful words and images. Just because I couldn't write, I loved looking at what they were liking/disliking/couldn't live without/were just introduced to and in turn, it inspired me to become a better blogger/photographer, because if they're upping their game, I want to too. I want to be alongside these amazing bloggers, not trailing behind because I didn't try hard enough. 

It's been a long month, filled with pain medication, physiotherapy and meeting my friends for a coffee, as they always cheer me up, no matter what (plus, they have all the gossip from work). Two weeks ago, I was introduced to acupuncture, and I feel like it's such a brilliant way to relieve pain - as believe it or not, those needles actually really do work wonders. The past two times have left my back feeling incredibly sore and tender, but I am on the mend, which is wonderful, considering how much work/social events I had to miss because I was in so much pain/couldn't drive. But my boyfriend was very invested in making me feel better, as he'd come and stay, and we'd cuddle up with Netflix or watch First Dates/Catfish - which may not seem like a very exciting, or interesting evening, but it was lovely as I felt so lonely, without work or seeing my friends. I don't think anyone can underestimate the power of a few kind words, or popping in to see a friend, if only for a few minutes, to give a hug or just check that they're okay. 

Five things that I've bought for my holiday, and surprise, surprise they're all clothing related. Sorry skincare/makeup, you've been relegated to April purchases. #1 A Navy Polka Dot Bikini, which was surprisingly easy to find, despite it being so difficult to find a good looking bikini for DD+ that doesn't cost a fortune, thank you Asda. #2 Following on the navy route, is a Navy, white and red striped swimsuit from Next (here) as it looks so retro, with its shape enhancing drapery, so I cannot wait to wear it. #3 Another cheeky purchase from Next, this time in the sale, is a bright orange clutch bag with a gorgeous tassel, perfect for nights in the restaurant and adding a pop of colour to any outfit (It was £9 in the sale, and I think it's still available online here). #4 is a creamy white body con skirt from Primark, that has a gold zip, right down the middle. Totally adventurous for me, but I saw a very similar one in River Island, and I lusted over it for a good few weeks before seeing the one in Primark and snapping that one right up. #5 Last, but not least is a bright red, scallop fringed top (also from Primark that I cannot wait to wear, because it screams Summer and 'Wear me with something high waisted'. I cannot wait. 

Five things I've realised since my car accident at the end of February. #1 Everybody and their dog will want to know what happened, and after recounting the story to your insurance, their insurance, your family, your solicitor, your boyfriend, your best friends.. it gets so tiring. But it's okay to be tired about telling the story - they just want to know that you're okay. #2 Getting back into a car, whether driving or being driven, will give you serious anxiety. I remember literally shaking whilst in the car with my boyfriend, as well as when I was driving myself. It's okay to admit that you're not ready to drive, or be driven. Car accidents, no matter who is at fault, is a traumatic situation. #3 During the accident, I was calm and collected; gathering pictures of damage and writing down details (even my boyfriend, who called me when I was out of the car, commented on how calm I sounded. 'I need to call you back, I've just been in a car accident') but as soon as I told my dad what had happened, just looking at him made me burst into tears. My car, had belonged to my grandfather before he died, so it getting damaged broke my heart, and that worry/upset hit me as soon as I saw my dad. #4 It's okay to not be okay. It's okay to cry about what happened. The pain, trauma and emotional turmoil made me cry for ages - it's okay to admit that you're only human, and it scared you. #5 Worrying about money and work won't help your anxiety or stress levels - the people that you work for just want you to get better, so feeling guilty for not working is not going to help you in the long run. 

Five things I'm looking forward to next month and beyond. #1 My Holiday, but I think that goes without saying. It's my first time abroad, without my family - I for one, cannot wait to see what it's like. #2 Travelling, which is basically the same as my holiday, but it's all new for me. New places to see, food to eat and people to meet. #3 Seeing my blog grow, now that I'm pondering buying a blog domain and getting a new design - OKK can only go up, from here. #4 Seeing so many wonderful films in the cinema - I'm especially excited for the new Avengers, Pitch Perfect 2, Cinderella, Suite Francaise and Jurassic World. #5 Learning what I want to do with my life. I have a few ideas, nothing I'm ready to talk about yet, but finding a direction is going to be exciting. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig