Tuesday 24 March 2015

Jurlique Week: Rosewater Balancing Mist

Jurlique Rosewater 1

Say hello to hydration with this badboy of a product. Jurlique's Rosewater Balancing Mist* (£18, here) is something of a cult product with bloggers, and something that I was told that I had to try - no 'if's, or but's' about it; it simply had to be had. Luckily for me, the lovely folks at Jurlique offered to send it to me and I rejoiced because omg totes cult product, as well as the scent of rose which I adore. So yeah, maybe if you're not a huge rose fan, then this may not be for you - but I think it's totally worth a spritz, as it's a gorgeous, natural scent of rose - nothing false about it. This mist contains thousands of handpicked rose petals, so it definitely has that luxurious feel to it - not only down to the gorgeous glass packaging, but the fact that it sits so well on the skin before being greedily absorbed. My skin loves this spray, and not only do I spray it in the day, for an instant hydration boost, but I use it at night, after my skincare routine, just in case I feel like I need another hit of this softening spray. 

It's just so instantly refreshing, with the gorgeous scent that's so fresh and gorgeous, it just reminds me of rose's we grow in our garden during the spring/summertime. The scent holds some special memories for me, as the soft, subtle scent of rose would drift in the air around my grandparents garden, and it reminds of when I was young, playing in the garden with my brother. Scent is a powerful thing as for me it triggers so many thoughts, some which I hadn't considered for years - and this mist never fails to make me smile. Even my boyfriend finds it refreshing on his skin, whether in the middle of the day, or at night (yes, he'll actually sit still and let me put some products on his face) so it's suitable for my oily/combination skin, as well as his although it is mainly aimed at normal/combination. I don't see why it wouldn't suit sensitive skin either, as it's so soft and gentle on my face, once I spritz the mist over my skin, before delicately patting it in. It's become an essential part of my skincare routine, especially when I was injured after my car accident (image here) and I couldn't really apply anything that required a bit of effort to my face (because I'm right handed, and my entire right side was injured in the accident/i'm also useless with my left hand) so this Rosewater Balancing Mist as well as Nuxe's Reve de Miel lip balm were my go-to products, for keeping my hydrated and looking somewhat pleasant. I would spritz it on (no mean feat with me left hand) and bask in the calmness of the rose scent. It would be so relaxing, that despite through all the pain, I would find a small little moment of peacefulness, and that's something I remember feeling whenever I mist this over my skin. 

It can also be used to tone the skin, but I use it primarily to hydrate my skin, regardless of the time of day and it does an amazing job at that. It's such a cult product, and I can not recommend it enough to my friends and family (so much so, I've made them place orders from LookFantastic as well as M&S, and then grinned so happily when they tell me that they've loved it). It's not an essential product, but for my skincare, this cult product is what keeps my skin looking hydrated during the day. Spritzing it over my moisturised skin, or whether I'm wearing makeup - my skin laps up the hydration, and I can't be without it. Something tells me I'll be popping this in the fridge, come Summertime, as you know a refreshing burst of this will calm down reddened cheeks as well as clammy skin. Bring it on, Summer.


Jurlique Rosewater 2

Jurlique Rosewater 3
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The photos are gorgeous and i would definitely like to try this!!x
    AllysDays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig