Friday 13 March 2015

Makeup Revolution Goddess of Love Highlighter

Makeup Rev Goddess love 1

I have seriously wanted this highlighter so much for the past few months, but I wanted to see its fabulousness in person, before ordering online. But thankfully, in the amazing Superdrug Beauty Studio in Cardiff, they have the most wonderful Makeup Revolution stand, so I immediately bought it when I saw that there was not only a tester, but several of the highlighters that I wanted. So yay! Look at it though, isn't it beautiful? It just reminds me of long, lazy Summer days, where mostly everyone has a glow about them, from the warmth and joy that season brings - I wanted Summer to come early, because it's cooooold and, basically, it was another excuse to have this highlighter.

I'm a huge fan of Makeup Revolution, and they seem to be going from strength to strength recently, which I cannot explain how much I love. It's a proper bloggers brand. They are super friendly on Twitter and Instagram, always chatting to fans of the products and that's something I really, really admire. If only all brands were like that. Some of my favourite brands are, but others... not so much. But back to this wonderful highlighter. Goddess of Love - even the name makes me think, 'Yeah, I will totally have that kinda glow that makes me look stunning and be the envy of everyone'. It works in theory. As I wore it, people said that I looked really healthy and glowy, and then I promptly pointed them in the direction of Makeup Revolution, and coerced a few orders, in which this was a star purchase...so, not necessarily the envy of everyone if they're already wearing it, but for those who don't have it... look out, I'm coming at you, and pointing you in the direction of Goddess of Love.

It's just gorgeous, and with a Too Faced esc (here) look about it, it looks and feels, far more expensive than it is. To me, the quality as well as the packaging, exceeds far more than the £4.99 I paid for it as it just gives the term 'glowing from within' a run for its money, as that can be totally faked. It's a subtle glow, one that I don't restrict only to the cheekbones with a powder blush brush. For me, it's applied all over the face with a Real Techniques Powder Brush (£12.99, here), in light airy strokes, with particular attention paid to the tops of my cheekbones and my t-zone - anywhere the sunlight would hit if I were to sunbathe. It makes skin look super healthy, and is such a fantastic way to cheat if you're feeling under the weather, or if your makeup is looking a bit flat. Once applied, I find that it lasts all day, and the soft champagne esc colour gives such a gentle, natural glow that I think would look fab on any skin colour. I will say to start off with light, airy strokes as more could definitely be added to make you look super dewy and more gorgeous than you are, already. It may look quite shimmery in the pan, but when applied, it looks very natural, and I for one have been wearing it everyday for the past week or so. I can't wait to try this when I get a teeny bit of a tan this year, as no only can it be used on the face, but I take it down to my collarbone as well - especially on an evening out. Glowing from within shouldn't just be restricted to your face, so a subtle dust with the same powder brush can not only give you a little boost, but it'll have people wondering what your secret is. I am terrible at keeping secrets - obviously, as otherwise I'd be keeping this little beauty all to myself ;) Have you tried any Makeup Revolution products? Will you be trying their Goddess of Love Highlighter?

Makeup Rev Goddess love 2

Makeup Rev Goddess love 3
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This is so beautiful!
    I thought it was from Too Faced at first.
    Cannot believe how inexpensive it is!
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, this is such a good dupe for the Too Faced blusher (which I've been eyeing up for months, but can't justify the purchase!). I'm a sucker for anything heart-shaped! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is sooo pretty! :) I love the photography too hun, fab review! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and looks like it would leave such a natural sheen to the cheeks!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my wish list! I seriously need to make another order soon!

    Nicole ❤️
    nicolelaurenblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so pretty! Love the packaging too

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite too I love their products x x

    http://thesecretsistersx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig