Sunday 15 March 2015

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream Review

Origins Ginzing 1 Origins Ginzing 2

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream is my first foray into fancy eye creams, as I've always usually bought them from the Una Brennan shelf in Boots but this, I felt, was a trusted purchase as I've read so much about it from other bloggers. There was a lot of hooplah when it first came out, and yes it was very impressive, but I'm always a bit wary of skincare as my skin is really sensitive - I like to see if bloggers are still loving it, a few months after the hype has died down. They were. Numerous bloggers, who I trust loved it, so I thought 'Hey, I need a new eye cream. Where's my nearest counter?' - the answer to that, was miiiiiles away, so I ordered it online before Christmas along with some other purchases, most of which were presents for other people. But, it's always a stressful period of the year, so why not treat myself to something lovely?

After using this for about three months, I finally feel that I can talk about it and give it a somewhat well rounded opinion; I know it doesn't look like I've used a lot, but I literally use a touch under each eye, morning and night, and that suits me perfectly fine. Origins GinZing eye cream is said to brighten and de-puff, and goodness knows, I could use all the help I can get in that department - as I have bad, hereditary dark circles, as well as puffiness when I haven't slept well enough. So this was a rather calculated buy, after consulting some fabulous blogging ladies on Twitter. With the combination of caffeine, Ginseng and Magnolia as well as optic brighteners, this claims to brighten and de-puff with wonderful results which I can agree with. There was a brightness and a certain amount of de-puffery going on, but for me, who looks like I've been punched under both eyes, it didn't make me go 'Wow, I look more awake and bright', instead I thought 'Huh, I must have slept better than I thought' and to me, that is far more important, even though they kinda sound like the same thing (must be the wording). It makes me think that I've had more sleep, slept better and awoken brighter as I'd much rather believe that it looks like I've had more sleep, rather than something simply disguising what I really look like when I wake up.

When I wake up, to the brightness of the light, I have a mirror placed right on my windowsill, so I can look at my skin before I can do anything to change its appearance. Using this does make me look healthy and less vampire like, which with pale skin and dark under eyes, I look like an unhealthy vampire at that. Like in the Vampire Diaries when they have yet to eat... yeah, it's kinda that bad. But anyway, the formula of this is somewhat thin but creamy, as I do think some creams can overpower the under eye, as well as some that don't moisturise it at all - for me, it's all about finding a good balance between not too much, and not too little. But this one, is juuuuust right (and yes, I did just make a Goldie Locks and the Three Bears reference). It sinks into the sink so well, as doesn't feel like it's just sitting there - it leaves the under eye area looking and feeling moisturised, as although I have oily/combination skin, I always think that my under eyes and chin are quite dry, so they do need a bit more moisture and love, than other parts of my face. If only I could use my facial oil on my under eyes, but that would just ...not be good. Too heavy and possibly even a breakout. Oh, that sounds ugly. 

Origins Ginzing 3 Origins Ginzing 4

It does say that this GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream is primarily to be used in the morning, to brighten and de-puff, but I do really like to use it at night as well, as its light texture does leave my skin looking moisturised, which I really do love. I'm not the only one that worries about fine lines around my eyes already, right? It's not that I'm scared for them to come, but I'd like to keep them hydrated and happy for as long as possible, before they start to weave their story on my face. Maybe when I'm older, I'll switch to perhaps a little something thicker, heavier in the night, but for now, this does very well on my skin. It also has that little citrusy smell to it, which when combined with the brightness of the orange packaging, just makes me think of tropical climes, and how I want to be there. 

I've noticed that through my research, the reviews do show a demographic of people using it, aged 20-30, more so than any other age group, which would lead me to think that this is kind of a transition eye cream, something to keep you looking lovely and bright, in your 20s before perhaps going onto something thicker, and more targeted at fine lines etc. Although I have read older women/men using it, it just seems to be especially popular with 20-30 year olds, which I think says a lot about the formula and its results. It looks quite pink in the pot (which has a screw lid, making it so easy to take around with you) but don't be scared by the colour, as if anything, it slightly disguises dark circles, as the pinky formula contrasts with the deep purple/blue of under eye circles. At £23 (here), I would say it's a bit pricy for an under eye cream, but I don't mind spending a bit more money on skincare, as I get older, because I only have one face/body, right? So why not pay that little bit more? It's not to say that the high street doesn't do wonderful eye creams, but based on what I had read, this suited my needs and to be honest, I'd been wanting to try it for a good long while. I'm really very impressed with it, for what my skin needs now that I'm 23 - now if only there was a magic cream to make my dark circles go away completely, instead of battling with them, and making the area seem more awake. Now that, would be amazing. Do you have any skincare from Origins? Have you tried any of the GinZing range? 

Origins Ginzing 5
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have this eye cream and I love it during the day but because of the shimmer I don't use it at night x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a nice eye cream. I am currently using the Liz Earle eye cream but the texture isn't for me so I wanted to try something new. Thanks Rebecca :)

    T x // www.noelbeauty411.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig