Thursday 2 April 2015

Pinterest Makeup Inspiration #1

Makeup Inspiration Pinterest 1
Pin #1, Pin #2, Pin #3, Pin #4 and Pin #5.

There's so much inspiration out there, especially on Pinterest, that's it's impossible not to want to shake up your look with a bold lip, or some graphic eyeliner in a shade you wouldn't normally choose. Normally, everyday I stick to a rather simple look but for the evening, and I feel like something new, Pinterest is where I head. I'm a huge fan of a red statement lip, so finding the right eye look to go with it is always fun - an extended cat-eye or maybe even a soft smokey look, I think it all depends on how dramatic you want it all to look. Not only are there so many looks, but there are so many wonderful artists/bloggers that walk us through how to get these painted faces, by telling us which products, how they applied them and even some sneaky tips that they've encountered over the years.

I for one, am very partial to a red lip, especially when considered that Bourjois' Rouge Edition Liquid Lipsticks stay on almost all day, with very minimal touching up - so for me, having a classic red lip can dress up a simple chic flick of liner, or make everything more dramatic when teamed with a smokey eye. But that's not to say that natural looking makeup shouldn't be passed over, as there's something about glowing skin and a simple eye look that will always have a place in my heart. It's so easy to achieve, as well as giving you that 'done up, but not too much' kinda look, which is perfect for any occasion. I get so inspired, not only by the photography, but also by new products as they just scream out to be played with 'create numerous looks with me and feel amazing' they say.. so I suppose creativity can come from anywhere, especially if you have that one key item of makeup that you want to build an entire look around. What makeup inspires you? Does it change daily/weekly? 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such a great post!
    I love pinterest for some serious makeup inspo but my main weakness has got to be decor, damn you pinterest for making me wish for some white floorboards...

    Dar | www.holylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and Pinterest is just full of the best inspiration!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig