Monday 13 April 2015

REN skincare Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask Review

Ren Glyco 1

Ren Glyco 2

After using this again last night, let me tell you, this Mask is amazing. It leaves the skin looking so good, glowy and smooth that I had to wait to post this until I had fully formed my opinion. It's good. Damn good. It's albeit slightly weird, as it's a bag inside of a bottle... but this stuff is magic. Plus, it smells like oranges; so far, it's got it all. Ren's Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (£32, here) is a 50ml product that claims to 'renew the complexion, dramatically improve skin tone and radiance, and reduce the appearance of fine lines' which is quite a lot for something to claim - but I've always suffered with the tone of my skin, as there's redness in my cheeks that really gets me down, especially when compared with my under eye bags, as I have to cover up the redness and the darkness under my eyes - it pretty much leaves me looking like the undead until I put some colour onto my skin i.e. blush, eyeshadow etc. What I noticed last night, after I had removed the mask and was lounging in bed (with my regular night routine of oils and serums on my face), is that my skin looked super glowy and even. Even looking skin doesn't happen for me without makeup, so I had a good look in the mirror and I think it was the vitamin C, combatting all of my blemishes and making everything gleam with healthiness. 

The packaging, which has that sleekness that I always expect from REN Skincare, has this somewhat odd nozzle and nozzle clip to dispense product, and to protect any from escaping. I didn't understand the theory behind this until I actually tried it, as believe me, you don't want a single drop of this to escape as it is so precious. Like orange gold, this is a weekly staple for me that I never want to be without. That glow and even skin tone is something I want to keep for as long as possible. I usually cleanse my face really thoroughly and then slather this on whilst I'm in the bath, so it has time to do its thing whilst I'm relaxing away with my various bath oils. I apply a thin even layer, over my face and neck (whilst avoiding the under eye area) and set a time for ten minutes. Then, I just enjoy the tropical vitamin C scent before removing the mask with a warm, damp cloth and then rising my face with a few splashes of warm water. Ten minutes is nothing whilst you're chilling out in the bath, and it's where I most prefer to use a face mask - whether clay, moisturising or this exfoliating mask. I know that £32 may be quite a lot of money for 50ml, but once a week, this mask provides results and with glycolactic acid that the reviews I has read, swear by. It is designed for skin of all ages, but there is a significant amount of commenting on the reducing of fine lines as well as the plumping of skin. I would say that this isn't for those with really sensitive skin, as the tingling might be too much for you to handle. As it did tingle upon my first usage, but hasn't done since. 

It is mainly designed to be used as a peel - something to combat those expensive, salon chemical peels as this gives immediate results without the pain - and that is something that always has me wincing whenever someone speaks about chemical peels. The main effort with this product, is making sure the layer is even, and then the removal of it. That's it. I like to think of it as the lazy person option to fancy peel masks. For me, REN have nailed it with this Renewal Mask and I cannot wait to use it again next week. What are your favourite REN Products? Have you tried any of their masks? 



Ren Glyco 3

Ren Glyco 4

Ren Glyco 5
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm on my second one of this mask, and nearly finished! It's so good, you're right it's like the lazy girls exfoliant haha!xx

    www.surelychar.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig